About the job
About the Pastor of Children and Families: Madison Street Baptist Church
The ideal person for this role will have a positive, energetic personality that connects well with many different types of children. They will need to be a high-capacity leader with a strong drive and vision to know where the ministry is headed. The Children’s Pastor will be the head of their ministry but will also keep in mind that they are a piece of the greater ministry of the whole church. They will work as a team with the other staff members and pastors to accomplish the vision and mission of Madison Street Baptist Church. The Children's Pastor will have a desire to build a strong relational and spiritual rapport with the congregation and ministry leaders.
The Pastor Will:
· Serve along-side our Next gen Pastor to plan and execute ministry goals and objectives.
· Meet regularly with pastoral staff to incorporate children’s ministry into the overall discipleship process and pathways of the church.
· Maintain weekly office hours and availability consistent with other church staff.
· Help develop discipleship strategies for the whole family.
· Oversee all events and services of the Children’s Ministry (birth through 5th grade).
· Teach and train up other leaders who can teach.
· Effectively create plans and strategies to take the ministry to another level by involving the parents, connecting with the kids, and building a strong team of volunteers.
· Loves children and families.
· A team player and hard worker.
· Self-motivated, one who takes initiative.
· Connects well with the kids and gives lots of grace but brings correction when needed.
· Leads with creativity and adaptability.
· Has an energetic and fun personality.
· Is assertive but still respectful.
· Able to lead in an administrative capacity.
· Doctrinally sound. Confession of Faith aligning with the Southern Baptist Faith and Message.
- Critterland (10:00-11:15)
- Kid’s Quest Worship (10:00 – 11:15)
- Life Group (11:15 – 12:15 / Birth - 5th grade)
- Nursery (Oversee team leaders and volunteers)
- Kid’s Check-in (ensure volunteers are trained and scheduled)
- Research and implement gospel centered teaching to equip and grow families in their walk with Jesus. This process should include feedback from the Next Gen and Lead Pastor, in order to provide a complimentary process which fits into the goals for church wide discipleship.
- Plan alongside the Next Gen pastor for specific training to equip volunteers to grow in their area of service.
- Plan events which provide opportunities to connect with new families, strengthen families under our care, and create environment for fellowship and encouragement.
- Create opportunities to connect with parents, build trust, and equip them for discipleship in the home.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3460