Associate or Assistant Pastor of English Congregation Student Ministries at Logos Community Church
Flushing, NY 11358
About the job
Title: Associate or Assistant Pastor of English Congregation Student Ministries
Principal Function: The pastor is a member of the pastoral team who primarily oversees the spiritual
needs of and outreach to high school and college students.
- To provide overall vision and direction of the high school and college ministries in accordance with the vision and direction of the English Ministries and LCC.
- To provide pastoral leadership and nurturing to the high school and college ministries throughout the year.
- To identify, develop, train, and support student leaders and leadership teams in the respective groups.
- To disciple students to be disciples and disciple makers of Jesus Christ.
- To evangelize and outreach college students in the nearby campuses.
- To lead, collaborate and develop volunteer counselors of high school and college groups.
- To plan and conduct meetings with students’ parents to keep open communication.
- To lead and coordinate mission trips in accordance with the LCC mission committee and annual youth retreat.
- To preach in Sunday services as needed.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him
- Have a strong calling to minister to students
- Master of Divinity degree or equivalent, pastoral experience is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English, conversational in Chinese is a plus
- Kingdom & mission-minded
- Pastoral/shepherd’s heart
- Be aligned with the Church’s Statement of Faith, constitution, core values, and rules of the church
- Experience in ministering North America metropolitan setting is a plus
- Demonstrates the ability to lead by example, equip, and disciple students
- Teachable and open to feedback and accountability
- Understands the needs and demonstrates genuine love and solid rapport with young people
- Understands American-Chinese context well and can contextualize the Gospel accordingly
- Possess a passion for evangelism and outreach for students