Student Ministry Pastor/Director at Life Covenant Church
Helena, MT 59601
About the job
Welcome! Are you passionate about seeing the next generation rise up and represent the Kingdom of God? Do you have experience leading a ministry of students and adult volunteer leaders? Do you thrive in a fun, hard-working, team environment? If so, we may have the position for you!
Position Summary: We are Life Covenant Church (LCC) in the heart of the Rockies in beautiful Helena, Montana. We currently have a healthy and vibrant middle and high school youth ministry and are seeking a full time Student Ministry Pastor/Director to lead our Middle School (En Fuego) and High School (Voltage) ministries, and their volunteer teams. The Student Ministry Pastor/Director will cast vision and direction for the ministry while aligning with the overall vision, direction, and strategy of LCC. We hope when a student walks into LCC, regardless of being a follower or non-follower of Jesus Christ, they think, “This place is for me.” Everything we do is meant to convince students of one thing: THEY BELONG.
Primary Duties & Qualifications: Our ideal Student Ministry Pastor/Director will have some experience, willingness to learn, and is ready to:
- Introduce students to Jesus Christ by providing them a safe, secure environment which stimulates spiritual growth
- Coordinate middle school and high school ministries to ensure consistency and intentionality
- Create a “scope and sequence” for religious development and/or education for 6th-12th grade
- Recruit and train an effective adult staff and encourage them to develop meaningful relationships with students
- Develop personal, meaningful relationships with students
- Create and maintain relationships with the parents of students
- Provide care for students and parents in crisis
- Coordinate variety of activities weekly, such as meals, games, service projects and Bible study activities for students; lead group discussions and experiential learning opportunities
- Plan and implement of special events such as missions, retreats, events, camps and service opportunities
- Organize and oversee biennial mission trip to Iglesia Belen in Santa Apolonia, Guatemala, or similar overseas mission trip
- Maintain communication on different levels, such as social media, email, and other outlets to generate interest and share information
- Provide appropriate care, mentoring and spiritual development to students
- Continue student leadership programs and/or provide opportunities for continued discipleship of believing students
- Work independently, maintain strong organization skills and have adaptable people skills
- Support the vision, strategies, and purposes of Life Covenant Church
Wage and Benefits: This is a full-time position with commensurate salary and benefits depending on qualifications and experience. LCC provides professional development via an annual youth ministry conference and the Global Leadership Summit.
In light of COVID-19, Life Covenant Church is following all local and state guidelines and mandates for health and safety including wearing masks, social distancing, and working remotely whenever possible.