About the job
The children’s director role is to provide a comprehensive program for children grades 1-5 that
creates a safe, fun, learning ministry environment reflective of the overall ministry plan of the
church. This person will also work directly with the preschool director and will report to the Next Generation Pastor.
- Conduct the Dock Children’s Church ministry both on Sunday morning, Wednesday Evening, and Thursday evening. Use of volunteers to assist is strongly encouraged.
- Assist and support Spring Place campus Pastor as needed.
- Create a weekly plan for the Dock Children’s Church ministry (theme, Scripture, songs, team, props, supplies, sermon)
- Recruit rotating teams to assist in carrying out the weekly Dock Children’s Church plan.
- Manage Children’s Sunday School by recruiting a department director, meeting with them monthly and taking the director, teachers, and workers to a yearly training event.
- Work with the Next Generation Pastor to choose, develop and maintain curriculum for Sunday Morning and Wednesday Evening Dock ministries.
- Attend regular meetings and maintain communication with the Next Generation Pastor.
- Manage the Wednesday evening program for children from 1 thru 5th grade. Recruit rotating teams to assist in this effort.
- Facilitate a yearly safety training for all Children’s workers.
- Make sure all background checks are up to date and records of these checks are kept in church management software.
- Carry out yearly Children’s Ministry events - VBS, Fall Festival, Jingle Jam, Easter Jam, and other events throughout the year.
- Create an effective plan for evangelism and disciple making within the church and surrounding community.
- Attend a yearly leadership retreat.
- Create a yearly ministry plan, budget, and calendar to be shared with the Next Generation Pastor and Church Administrator (due Sept 30 each year).
- Other duties as requested by leadership.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3477