Associate Pastor for Connection and Spiritual Formation at Lake Forest Church Westlake
Denver, NC 28037
About the job
1. Follows Jesus in a manner that is winsome and attractive for others and enables them to more effectively disciple and shepherd others for the long haul. This person will be able to say “Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ.”
2. Recruits and Develops Leaders in a way that expands our capacity as a church to provide care, spiritual formation, and ongoing development beyond what one person could do. Much of this role involves identifying, raising up, and empowering leaders (both staff and volunteers), building teams, and equipping them to do the work of the ministry.
3. Builds Bridges that help a new person feel welcomed, get connected, and find his or her place at Lake Forest Church. This pastor will shape and lead the systems and culture that enable people to connect, grow, and engage. Where there is a gap, this person will build the bridges for effective ministry.
4. Pastors People as part of the pastoral team. This person is not expected to be everyone’s personal pastor, rather set a relational example and tone. He/she will be proactive in connecting and be known to the congregation as one of the key pastors they can turn to for spiritual care and leadership.
5. Grows the Church (“Smaller”) by building the network of leaders and small groups that are the critical building blocks of a church our size. The Associate Pastor will ensure that we have a steady and growing number of healthy groups (for all ages and stages), and that they are rich in content and care.
As a leader at Lake Forest WestLake, the Associate Pastor must be a DNA match for Lake Forest Church and resonate deeply with our Mission and Passions.
• Growing faith in Jesus Christ.
• Leadership experience.
Please visit our website at https://lakeforest.org/employment/ for a full description of this position. If you feel called to apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will have a search team collect and review all resumes received.