Missions Director/Pastor at Lake Forest Church
About the job
About the Role:
Since it’s founding, LFC has said it wants every Ministry Partner (our word for ‘member’) to discover their role in the Missio Dei (Mission of God) and to discover their expression of this locally and globally.
Jesus gives us the power and command to “go” make disciples and care for those in need. Therefore, LFC joins the Missio Dei by engaging in the lives of vulnerable people - the homeless and homebound, orphans and widows and the unreached and overlooked, those hungry for food and/or hungry for God. Our goal is to share God’s love in Christ with our actions and words in our Jerusalem, Samaria, Judea, and “to the ends of the earth.”
Our Missions Director/Minister is charged with both (i) working to ensure our existing missions opportunities flourish as well as (ii) working towards releasing the God honoring passions of an ever-increasing number of our Ministry Partners into more and better missional living. They will work closely with and lead a team of Ministry Partners to create these environments and to fulfill the vision that LFC has for all that call Lake Forest home.
This role requires someone with a track record of building healthy teams and getting things done, while also discipling and caring for people as God’s flock. The platform is set and we need someone to execute in multiple areas. This role is a great fit for someone who is a self starter, able to teach in small and large groups, proactive (i.e. can work independently and set priorities amidst multiple demands), a team builder, a high level of adaptability, and a strong evidence of dependability.
(1) Lead the Missio Dei Team: Co-lead with an Elder co-chair to be sure the missions team is moving forward in vision alignment and execution. Oversee regular missions team meetings, lead budgeting processes and hold financials accountable, establish process for all teams under the missions team to execute well and be cared for. The successful candidate will have a knowledge of/openness to innovative expressions of Christian mission such as “Business as Mission,” church-to-church partnership work internationally, and more.
(2) Represent Lake Forest: Be the face of Lake Forest to our partner ministries and missionaries that we support while helping to establish new partnerships that are in line with our vision. Some partnerships will require closer communication and more involvement than others. Examples of high level partnership are with the Huntington Green neighborhood, Caterpillar Ministries (Huntersville), Children’s Impact Network (S. and Central America), Asia’s Hope (South and SE Asia) and Caribbean Youth Network.
(3) Execute excellent opportunities: Be sure that all missions trips, local initiatives and events are led excellently and involve numerous Ministry Partners. Examples are Room in the Inn, Christmas Village Toy Store, and Mission trips.
(4) Raise up, develop, and disciple leaders and members: Work with the team to raise up and develop those who are called to lead us forward in our mission trips, missionary care and local outreach efforts; as well as contribute to the formation of missional disciples at all ages of our church in living on the ‘Missio Dei every day.’ This includes teaching in various group settings, leading occasional evening classes on missions, being involved with Sunday morning worship services, pastoral care, and more.
(5) Partner with Ministry Leads: Partner with all ministry leaders of Lake Forest - Huntersville to ensure that we take a unified approach to missions across all ministries. Encourage a church wide and integrated passion for missions.
The Missions Director/Pastor will primarily report to the Huntersville Lead Pastor and secondarily to the Spiritual Formation Pastor.
Growing faith in Jesus Christ.
History of being a self-starter who sees projects to completion and pays attention to detail.
Demonstrated experience in the creation and execution of annual budget related activity
· Manage time and schedules well, and meet deadlines consistently.
· Good interpersonal skills for relating effectively with staff members, leadership, volunteers, and outside vendors.
· High level of proven dependability.
· Proven ability to build and lead healthy teams.
· Proven heart for missions and involvement in missions.
· Ability to worship at LFC-Huntersville on a regular basis.
· Able and available to travel and lead mission trips.
· Bi-lingual spanish is a plus
College degree required. Graduate degree a bonus. Ordainable in our denomination also a bonus. For the right candidate, this position can be ‘Missions Pastor.’
Candidates must list specific experience in Christian missions.