Accounting Coordinator at Lake Avenue Church
Pasadena, CA 91101
About the job
Do you love numbers and supporting the work of ministry? Lake Avenue Church is seeking a part-time Accounting Coordinator to provide accounting and payroll support to the Finance office. The Accounting Coordinator will primarily be responsible for preparing, recording and administering payroll, communicating with donors, posting the weekly deposit, maintaining the general ledger and assisting with other financial reporting processes.
This position requires the following:
- Agreement with the Lake Avenue Church Statement of Faith.
- Committed to growing in Christlikeness.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and procedures of accounting, auditing and finance.
- Well-developed human relation skills to explain detailed information in small group settings and work with staff in an advisory capacity.
- Ability to apply accounting controls, rules, and procedures, and perform accounting tests.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and timetables.
- Ability to work cooperatively with individuals and teams within and outside the department, including vendors.
- Requires the ability to access and use a computer, common office productivity software (especially excel), and specialized accounting software to access databases.
Education & Experience:
- Previous financial work experience in positions requiring a high level of integrity and responsibility.
- The position typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance equivalent plus 3 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience in accounting or closely related field.
- Additional relevant experience may substitute for some higher education.
- Or, any combination of education and experience that provides the required equivalent qualifications for the position.
This position is part-time, 20-25 hours per week, and does not include benefits, except as otherwise provided by law.