Director of Care Ministries at Lake Avenue Church
Pasadena, CA 91101
About the job
Lake Avenue Church seeks to add a Director of Care Ministries to our Congregational Life team. We're looking for someone who loves Jesus and is a compassionate, dynamic, and experienced individual. This pivotal role involves providing comprehensive emotional and spiritual support to our congregants in need of care, ensuring that every member feels cared for and supported through all seasons of life. The Director will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate volunteers.
Individuals best suited for this position will possess the following characteristics:
- A deep understanding of the emotional and spiritual needs that individuals and families face.
- A heart for care and visitation with a proven track record in a similar role.
Spiritual gift-mix of administration, equipping, shepherding, discernment, mercy, and leadership.
- Experience and passion to help others provide Christ-centered visitation and care.
- Strong understanding of theology, the capacity to communicate practical, Biblical teaching and the ability to disciple people in Christ centered faith.
- Experience in coordinating and administering church sacraments and ceremonies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, train, and supervise the Pastoral Extension Team to offer care to those experiencing illness, grief, loss, or life transitions.
- Conduct regular hospital and home visits to provide prayer, emotional support, and pastoral counseling.
- With discernment, bridge care ministry with the Lake Ave Counseling Center.
Maintain consistent communication with shut-ins, seniors, and individuals unable to attend services.
- Administer and coordinate educational classes for baptism and marriage preparation, as well as overseeing baptisms, marriages, funerals, and memorial services.
- Work with the Prayer Ministry Team, encouraging and organizing intercessory efforts within the congregation.
- Work with the Benevolence Ministry Team, ensuring the provision of assistance to those in need.
- Provide one-on-one spiritual counseling to members seeking guidance on their faith journey.
- Establish partnerships with organizations and programs involved in care ministries (such as Emotionally Health Spirituality, Divorce Care, the Lake Ave Counseling Center, etc.)
- Develop and promote mutual mentoring relationships to strengthen bonds within the church community.
Education & Experience:
Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical example of this would be a bachelor's degree in theology, ministry, or a related field; a Master’s degree in theology/ministry is preferred, and 3 years of pastoral, supervisory, or team leadership experience.
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, located within the Congregational Life ministry department of Lake Avenue Church and reports to the Associate Pastor of Congregational Life. This position includes benefits and requires evening and weekend hours. The pay range for this position is: $30.00-33.00 per hour.