Director of Evangelism at Lake Avenue Church
About the job
Profile of the Director of Evangelism
Lake Avenue Church seeks to add a Director of Evangelism to our Missional Outreach team. We're looking for someone who loves Jesus and has a passion for the intersection of faith, culture and marketplace ministry. The Director will have a high leadership capacity for engaging the church community. They play a pivotal role in leading and coordinating various initiatives focused on outreach, discipleship, and equipping lay professionals for effective marketplace ministry. This position involves organizing conferences, coordinating events, developing training programs, and collaborating with other ministry departments to integrate evangelism as a core value in our church community.
Individuals best suited for this position will possess the following characteristics:
- Committed to growing in Christlikeness with spiritual gifts of leadership, and shepherd’s heart.
- Model an authentic relationship with Jesus and have the ability to maintain a healthy balance between ministry and home life.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills; excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams to accomplish local and global outreach.
- Experience working with and leading people from diverse racial, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong character with good judgment with an ability to work independently and alongside the staff team.
- Intelligently connected to culture, have an awareness of secular trends and postmodern evangelism.
- Have a heart for ministry and agreement with Lake Avenue Church Statement of Faith.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee church events, ensuring smooth execution, follow-up and alignment with the church’s mission.
- Equip the church to share their faith and engage in spiritual conversations, teaching and demonstrating how to engage culture with a Biblical worldview and create invitational spaces for people to encounter Christ.
- Develop training programs and audiovisual resources for congregations, empowering the church community for intentional outreach.
- Lead and develop a team of volunteers to implement effective, innovative, and relevant ministry.
- Oversee the discipleship pathway for new believers.
Education & Experience:
Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical example of this would be a bachelor's degree in theology, ministry, or a related field; and proven experience in evangelism, outreach, and discipleship.
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, located within the Missional Outreach ministry department of Lake Avenue Church and reports to the Associate Pastor of Missional Outreach. This position includes benefits and requires evening and weekend hours. The pay range for this position is: $30.00-33.00 per hour.