Children’s Director at La Habra Christian Church
La Habra Heights, CA 90631
About the job
La Habra Christian Church is looking for a children-loving, spiritually-mature, biblically-grounded Christ follower to lead children’s ministry under the direction of our Lead Pastor. We are a growing church with a vision of being a community where people experience God’s love as we stay on mission to be fully devoted followers of Christ as we pray, love, serve and give.
Part-time (20 hrs./week) Children’s Pastor: The primary responsibilities of the Children’s Pastor will be to conduct children’s services, i.e. Sunday School, on Sundays and onemidweek program which includes helping lead children’s choir. This person is directly accountable to the pastor. The candidate will possess an adaptable skill set and leadership capabilities, which will enable the children’s ministry to flourish. Salary: $20,000/yr.
• Oversee the Children’s Ministry at LHCC. This includes oversight of volunteers.
• Develop Sunday morning and mid-week programming to reach each child on their
level, i.e. curriculum selection, etc.
• Develop a process to regularly identify and deploy new volunteers in the church’s
• Shepherd, train, manage, and care for the volunteers of children’s ministry.
• Encourage and motivate children in a growing commitment and connection to the
body of Christ and to the mission of La Habra Christian Church.
• Help parents be involved in the spiritual formation of their child’s life.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and retreats.
• Oversee the maintenance and general upkeep of rooms used for Children’s ministry.
• A lifestyle that demonstrates a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Undergraduate degree, postgraduate seminary preferred.
• Experience in Children’s ministry.
• Experience leading and managing teams.
La Habra Christian Church
1400 Bella Vista Dr
LA HABRA HEIGHTS, California 90631