Youth Ministry Intern at La Canada Presbyterian Church
La Canada, CA 91011
About the job
To provide Christ-centered mentorship/discipleship, training and education to students by way of hands on ministry with students and leadership teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Youth Ministry Intern will:
- Form relationships with students - Spending time with students outside of church scheduled events (going to dinner, ice cream, playing sports, etc.)
- Attend staff meetings - Attend weekly youth staff meetings and additional meetings required to plan specific programs for your area of ministry
- Camps/Trips - Attendance, including overnight or multiday camps, planning, counseling, and help with transportation
Junior High Intern:
- Sunday morning Junior High Worship/Bible Study - Regular attendance, assistance setting/cleaning-up, occasional teaching
- The Way (a mid-week program) - Regular attendance, assistance with planning games, occasional teaching, participation in games and activities.
- Ministry Activities - Regular attendance, planning and participation in additional activities.
High School Intern:
- The JOURNEY - Sunday morning High School Worship/Bible Study - Regular attendance, assistance setting/cleaning-up, occasional teaching
- Small Groups (Monday nights)
- Union Station service opportunities
- Contact work building relationships with students and investing in their spiritual growth
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and a devotion to God
- A desire to pursue future ministry with students
- Work well as a team member
- Junior High Interns: must have graduated from high school in 2021 or earlier
- High School Interns: must have graduated from high school in 2019 or earlier
- Have valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and willingness to drive students to events, camps, etc.
- Desire to learn and teachable spirit
- Pass a criminal and DMV background check
- Complete abuse prevention training
- Fully embrace the mission, vision and values of LCPC
The church reserves the right to change job descriptions at any time, with or without advance notice.