Childcare Worker at La Canada Presbyterian Church
La Canada, CA 91011
About the job
Job Title: Childcare Worker
Employment Status: Part-time; Hourly/non-exempt; as scheduled
Reports To: Director of Children’s & Family Ministry
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Childcare Workers are responsible for providing childcare to infants and toddlers at LCPC during Sunday morning worship services and possibly other scheduled ministry meetings and activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a safe and nurturing environment for the children.
- Put toys and supplies out for children to play and interact with / prepare the room
- Greet children and parents as they enter the nursery.
- Interact with children and provide age appropriate Christian activities.
- Read and teach Bible stories and concepts as directed with provided materials.
- Change diapers.
- Contact parents if necessary.
- Oversee parents sign-in and sign-out.
- Clean toys and straighten up nursery room after working.
- Complete and turn in time sheets.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be committed to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and devotion to God
- Be able to fully embrace the mission, vision and values of LCPC
- Must be able to lead and teach Christian curriculum to a classroom of children of varying ages infants-6th grade.
- Enthusiastic and nurturing expression of love for children, especially infants and toddlers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents and other staff.
- Ability to lift and hold children.
- Available for work on Sunday mornings for 4-5 hours and/or be open to working other times (including nights and weekends) during the week as scheduled.
- Must be First Aid and CPR certified or willing to become certified.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check.