Youth Pastor at Kum Ran UMC
Gardena, CA 90249
About the job
Job Description: We are currently looking for a pastor who will oversee the youth ministry (Jr. and Sr. High School combined) under the supervision of the EM/Education pastor.
Sunday ministry, Friday Night evening ministry, Monthly (periodic) staff meeting (Approximately 20-25 hours at church and off-site prep).
***During COVID-19: creativity and connection
Zoom/google meet Bible study; teacher’s meetings
Phone calls/social media/etc to connect with students
Meeting with students 1 on 1 or in small pods with social distancing / masks (following state, county, denominational guidelines)
We are currently worshiping outdoors but will soon be moving indoors and will need to adjust accordingly.
Organizing and managing teachers and staff, planning bible studies, etc. Also responsible for youth events: graduation, retreats, conferences, training, missions, etc
* The youth pastor will be a part of the church staff and will work with full-time staff to help the church as a whole be one community with a common vision and purpose.
* heart/passion for youth
* Good communication skill (preaching, interaction with students, teachers, parents)
* Self-motivated leader/team player (teachers and pastoral staff)
* Flexible and open to learning and growing
* Capable of interaction with Korean parents (some basic Korean preferred)
* A current seminary student or graduate
Compensation/Salary - commensurate with experience
Please submit applications by May 31st. (we will consider all applications received by the end of May or until the position is filled.)
Resume; Personal statement; video sermon file or link
Please contact Pastor James Kim
Phone: 925 209-7968