About the job
Develop and lead Knox Presbyterian Church’s ministry to those in grades 6-12.
$24-$27 an hour.
Low cost on-campus housing available if desired.
1) Implement and oversee the activities and programs for youth in 6th through 12th grade.
2) Recruit, train, and support adult leaders and volunteer teachers to assist with and lead the Sunday night youth programs, Sunday school classes, and special events.
3) Organize and direct events for the youth throughout the year including but not limited to summer camp, retreats, Youth Sunday, and mission/service projects. Lead and/or organize the session-approved serving of communion for such events as appropriate.
4) Foster distinct identities for the middle school (6th-8th grade) and high school (9th-12th) youth groups.
5) Provide guidance and support to youth in their spiritual, emotional, and mental growth.
6) Facilitate communication with youth and parents, and communicate effectively with the Knox congregation regarding youth activities.
7) Coordinate and collaborate with the head of staff on leading the confirmation program for 9th-12th grade youth.
8) Coordinate and collaborate with the head of staff and committees on initiating and supporting a youth summer mission trip.
9) Attend the weekly staff meeting and monthly education and spiritual formation committee meetings.
10) Provide necessary administrative preparation and support related to youth ministry programs.
11) Supervise interns for youth ministry if and as appropriate.
12) Monitor equipment and facilities for supporting youth activities, and alert the custodian and office manager to any repair or maintenance needs.
13) Engage in spiritual practices and attend to self-care in order to have the energy, imagination, and love to serve the church faithfully.
14) Other responsibilities as determined by the head of staff and/or session.
1) Faith in Jesus Christ and a desire to communicate the Christian faith to youth.
2) The ability to demonstrate leadership and communicate effectively in a church context.
3) Energy, imagination, and love.
4) Knowledge of age group characteristics and the ability to translate this into effective programs of Christian education and formation.
5) Skills in recruiting, equipping, and organizing.
6) The ability to related personally to youth and their families.
7) The ability to work cooperatively with church staff, committee members, and adult volunteers.
In order to apply for the position, please email both a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or send them by mail to:
Knox Presbyterian Church
225 South Hill Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91106