About the job
Foster connections within the broader Knox congregation through the planning of all ages events, coordinating small group and adult education opportunities, welcoming and incorporating visitors, and by linking people to service opportunities at Knox.
$24-$27 an hour.
Low cost on-campus housing available if desired.
1) Connect adults to service opportunities, such as volunteering at Sunday worship, joining a ministry committee, or becoming a part of a Knox justice team.
2) Plan and facilitate church-wide events and retreats in collaboration with the staff and the congregational life committee.
3) Develop and coordinate Knox’s small group opportunities for adults.
4) Work with the Christian education and spiritual formation committee in developing and coordinating educational and spiritual formation classes for adults, and recruiting facilitators/teachers.
5) Actively work and meet with the outreach and congregational life committees to broaden Knox’s welcome to the local community for worship and special events throughout the year
6) Develop and oversee visitor outreach, supervise follow-up process with visitors to Knox, and facilitate the integration of visitors into the life and ministries of Knox.
7) Supervise the welcome table at Knox’s worship services and recruit volunteers to serve at the welcome table
8) Encourage and facilitate the involvement of all ages in the worship service.
9) Supervise any applicable staff and interns.
10) Attend the weekly staff meeting and monthly education and spiritual formation committee meetings.
11) Monitor equipment and facilities for supporting congregational events, and alert the custodian and office manager to any repair or maintenance needs.
12) Lead in worship periodically, especially in announcing upcoming events and opportunities.
11) Engage in spiritual practices and attend to self-care in order to have the energy, imagination, and love to serve the church faithfully.
12) Other responsibilities as determined by the head of staff and/or session.
1) Faith in Jesus Christ.
2) Desire to see faith lived out in an intergenerational congregational context.
3) The ability to demonstrate leadership and communicate effectively.
4) Energy, imagination, and love.
5) Skills in recruiting, equipping, organizing, and event planning.
6) The ability to work cooperatively with church staff, committee members, and adult volunteers.
In order to apply for the position, please email both a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or send them by mail to:
Knox Presbyterian Church
225 South Hill Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91106