About the job
Develop and lead Knox Presbyterian Church’s ministry to those in grades 6-12. Foster connections within the broader Knox congregation through the planning of all ages events, coordinating small group and adult education opportunities, welcoming visitors into the life of the congregation, and by linking people to service opportunities at Knox.
$50,000 - $56,000 a year.
Medical and dental benefits.
Three weeks paid vacation.
Two weeks continuing education.
Low cost on-campus housing available if desired.
1) Implement and oversee the activities and programs for youth in 6th through 12th grade.
2) Recruit, train, and support adult leaders and volunteer teachers to assist with and lead the Sunday night youth programs, Sunday school classes, and special events.
3) Organize and direct events for the youth throughout the year including but not limited to summer camp, retreats, Youth Sunday, and mission/service projects. Lead and/or organize the session-approved serving of communion for such events as appropriate.
4) Foster distinct identities for the middle school (6th-8th grade) and high school (9th-12th) youth groups.
5) Provide guidance and support to youth in their spiritual, emotional, and mental growth.
6) Facilitate communication with youth and parents, and communicate effectively with the Knox congregation regarding youth activities.
7) Coordinate and collaborate with the head of staff on leading the confirmation program for 9th-12th grade youth.
8) Coordinate and collaborate with the head of staff and committees on initiating and supporting a youth summer mission trip.
9) Attend the weekly staff meeting and monthly education and spiritual formation committee meetings.
10) Connect adults to service opportunities, such as volunteering at Sunday worship, joining a ministry committee, or becoming a part of a Knox justice team.
11) Monitor youth and connection activities, equipment, and facilities, and alert the custodian and office manager to any repair or maintenance needs.
12) Plan and facilitate church-wide events and retreats in collaboration with the staff and the congregational life committee.
13) Develop and coordinate Knox’s small group opportunities for adults.
14) Work with the Christian education and spiritual formation committee in developing and coordinating educational and spiritual formation classes for adults, and recruiting facilitators/teachers.
15) Actively work and meet with the outreach and congregational life committees to broaden Knox’s welcome to the local community for worship and special events throughout the year
16) Develop and oversee visitor outreach, supervise follow-up process with visitors to Knox, and facilitate the integration of visitors into the life and ministries of Knox.
17) Supervise the welcome table at Knox’s worship services and recruit volunteers to serve at the welcome table
18) Encourage and facilitate the involvement of all ages in the worship service.
19) Supervise any applicable staff and interns.
20) Lead in worship periodically, and provide children’s sermons on a rotating basis with other Knox staff.
21) Engage in spiritual practices and attend to self-care in order to have the energy, imagination, and love to serve the church faithfully.
22) Other responsibilities as determined by the head of staff and/or session.
1) Faith in Jesus Christ and a desire to pass on the Christian faith to others.
2) The ability to demonstrate leadership and communicate effectively in a church context.
3) Knowledge of age group characteristics and the ability to translate it into effective programs and events.
4) Skills in recruiting, equipping, and organizing.
5) The ability to lead, inspire and motivate volunteer leaders.
6) The ability to relate personally to those of all ages.
7) The ability to work cooperatively with church staff, committee members, and adult volunteers.
8) Desire to see faith lived out in an intergenerational congregational context.
In order to apply for the position, please email both a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or send them by mail to:
Knox Presbyterian Church
225 South Hill Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91106