Pastor at Karlstad Baptist Church
Karlstad, MN 56732
About the job
Karlstad Baptist Church
JOB TITLE Pastor
HOURS Full-Time/Salaried/Pastoral Staff
REPORTS TO Church Boards/Deacons/Trustee
To seek to understand God’s vision for the church and effectively communicate this vision to the congregation. To ensure that a Biblically-based message of significance is delivered with excellence to the congregation each week. Act as leader, shepherd, and chief executive officer of the church, with the cooperation of the church boards.
· A deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced in daily life and exhibiting character qualities outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter: 5:1-4.
· Exhibit personal qualities that are of the highest integrity and unquestionable honesty.
· Earnestly seek God’s will above all other possible motivations.
· Excellent communicator; visionary in leadership.
· Endorse, support and effectively communicate the visionary culture of Karlstad Baptist Church.
· Possess a spirit of cooperation and fellowship within the church body.
· Demonstrate a passionate, heartfelt love for people with a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
· Exhibit Christ’s love by developing positive and encouraging relationships within the church body.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Licensed as an ordained minister or willing to seek ordination within the first two years of employment. Degree in divinity preferred.
· Experience in pastoral ministry, preferably in roles that involved preaching and youth programs.
· Become a member and be committed to ministry at Karlstad Baptist Church.
· Must pass a criminal record background check.
· PREACHING: Value the importance of the weekly sermon. Seek to discern God’s message for the congregation and spend significant time and effort using professional skills to develop and deliver that message to the best of one’s ability. Employ a variety of expository and topical preaching methods.
· VISION-CASTING: Seek God’s direction and develop a vision with the deacons for our church in a way that maximizes the gifts and resources available. Seek to find new ways and additional resources to accomplish God’s plan for our church.
· COOPERATION: Exhibit strong diplomatic skills and lead within the context of a congregational style of church governance and be accountable to the church boards. Be an excellent recruiter of gifted leaders and a strong encourager to all. Work to accomplish a vision for the church with respect for and in cooperation with boards, lay leaders, and committees.
· CONGREGATION LEADERSHIP: Exhibit a passion for ministry. Lead by example. Work shoulder-to-shoulder with boards, lay leaders and volunteers in the ministries of the church.
· RELATIONAL: Work with and relate to staff, church council, lay leaders, volunteers and the congregation as a whole. Show evidence of love for people in the congregation while reaching out, developing relationships, and havecompassion for the triumphs and problems in their lives.
· PRAYER: Seek and promote prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church.
· EVALUATION/DEVELOPMENT: Continually evaluate effectiveness of programs and propose creative ideas for improvement. Offer overall vision to develop and grow ministry. Spend time in personal study in order to expand relevant knowledge and keep current with latest trends in ministry.
· BUDGET: Participate in the planning of the church budget in cooperation with the church boards in preparation for congregational approval.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Semi-monthly compensation; full time position with a prescribed benefit package.
Pleased submit resumes and applications to email@example.com.
A few words about our community:
Our community is a small rural conservative community. With a strong Scandinavian influence. It is a very secure community with many local resources available, shopping, medical clinic, two schools one private Christian School and Tri-County Public Schools, EMT service, fire department. Etc… Major shopping centers are short drives away: Thief River Falls is 35 minutes, Grand Forks ND is 70Minutes, Winnipeg Ontario is 90 minutes away. Roseau (Home of Polaris) is 40 minutes away.
Major employers in a 45 mile radius, Mattracks, Polaris, Digi-Key, Crystal Sugar, Artic Cat, CHS, Marvin Windows, and Motor Coach Ind.
Entertainment follow the shopping areas, however: Lake of the Woods is about 70 minutes away. There are a variety of all-season sports like, hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, local lakes, camping. Ice Fishing is big on Lake of the Woods
Our church is a growing family with attendance in the 50-70 people per week. With many children involved.
Our church is heavy active in the community through AWANA program, youth outreach, New Life Bible Camp-Lake Bronson, Sunday schools, Vacation Bible School. We support several local and international programs and missions.