Youth Pastor at Journey Evangelical Church
About the job
Part-Time Youth Pastor
The Part-Time Youth Director / Minister (20-25 hours a week) will be responsible for designing, coordinating and overseeing a comprehensive youth ministry program focused on raising young disciples for Christ. Areas of focus include building a healthy culture of fellowship, worship, discipleship, outreach (local and away), and service. This can become a full time position with full benefits once the number of youth attendance consistently reaches 20 or more.
Core Responsibilities: (include, but not limited to)
· Oversight and development of Friday night fellowship and programs that guide and facilitate spiritual maturity, and deepen the relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Organize, coordinate, and implement various events for youth.
· Recruit and disciple the Student Leadership Team.
· Recruit, train, and manage volunteers for youth ministry programs.
· Hold regular informational meetings with parents (at least once every four months) to communicate the youth ministry’s status, vision, programs, calendar, volunteer needs, concerns, etc.
· Develop and maintain a social media network with the youth parents.
· Support youth in participation in the life of the church.
· Encourage youth to develop a servant’s heart by hosting various service events.
· Visit at least one youth member and parents a month.
· Preaches at least once a quarter, potential for more.
· Recruit and serve at annual youth retreats (winter and summer).
· Baptized, professing follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, with a vibrant walk with the Lord expressed through daily Bible reading, prayer, and other spiritual disciplines.
· Team player, gets along with people.
· Minimum of a bachelor's degree, pursuing a seminary degree. Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people. Previous ministry experience preferred. Computer skills, and proficiency with social media preferred (active on FaceBook and Instagram, minimally).
· Passes background check and routine drug testing.
? Demonstrates leadership, administrative, and interpersonal skills for working with youth, and adults.
? Possesses biblical knowledge and be a growing student of the Bible.
? Excellent oral and written communication skills.
? Proven ability to establish and maintain rapport with youth, parents, staff, and congregation.
? Energized, organized, and a self-starter.
? Creative thinker able to implement strategies and activities leveraging the abilities of others instead of doing everything himself.
? Program and events experience preferred.
· Passionately love the Lord and people.
· Maintain a deep relationship with Christ and the Word with the ability to transfer faith to others.
· Continually develop the character qualities of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
· Faithful in relationships (Husband/wife, mother/father, son/daughter, brother or sister in Christ)
· Have a spiritual life that is loving, compelling, authentic, transparent, serving, and vulnerable
· Have a strong presence that attracts, engages and motivates students and families.
· Have a specific call to youth ministry with affirmed pastoral spiritual gifts and communication, administrative and programming skills.
· $25-$35/hour for 20-25 hours/week, partial benefits
· Professional Ministry Budget of $875
· Manage Youth Ministry Fund of $12,000, excluding retreats