Associate Director of Children’s and Community Ministry at John Knox Presbyterian Church
NORMANDY PARK, WA
About the job
John Knox Presbyterian Church
Normandy Park, Washington
Position Title: Associate Director of Children’s and Community Ministry
Time Requirement: Part-Time, 20-hrs/wk (Non-Exempt)
The Associate Director of Children’s and Community Ministry reports to the Head of Staff and is accountable to the Session of the John Knox Presbyterian Church (JKPC).
The Associate Director of Children’s and Community Ministry oversees the ministry to children ages birth-5th grade and their parents/caregivers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee, develop, and lead a comprehensive ministry and curriculum plan for children and their parents/caregivers.
- Develop and implement an effective strategy to engage and communicate with children, youth and parents/guardians.
- Actively participate in and collaborate in visioning for ministries for children and families at JKPC and in the larger community.
- Actively collaborate with John Knox Community Preschool leadership to design, implement, and review an ongoing plan for strategic relational engagement of preschool families.
- Recruit, screen, train, and supervise paid nursery staff.
- Recruit, screen, train, support, encourage, and celebrate volunteers participating in all facets of the ministry.
- Coordinate with other JKPC ministry leaders and teams to promote and encourage continuity in reaching families with children.
- Regularly participate in corporate worship at JKPC, actively contributing as a worship leader, and cultivating leadership opportunities for children.
- Attend and actively participate in ministry team meetings, church staff meetings, supervisory meetings, and training sessions.
- Maintain behavior that is consistent with the conduct and behavior expectations outlined in the JKPC Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Education: College degree or equivalent experience in children’s and family ministry or a related field (preferred).
- Work Experience: Prior experience working with children and families preferred.
- Strong communicator (verbal and written) who consistently demonstrates a keen ability to work collaboratively, and effectively cultivates healthy relationships while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Technical competency (e.g. in computer applications, Microsoft Office).
- Candidates will be required to successfully complete background screening before they can be hired.
Essential Character and Values
- A disciple of Jesus Christ in whom the fruit of the Spirit is evident, and commitment to a personal faith marked by growth and vitality.
- A Christian who approaches leadership from a place of vision, creativity, and intentionality.