Executive Assistant to the CPO – TEMP at Jews for Jesus
San Francisco, CA 94102
About the job
The mission statement of Jews for Jesus is: “We relentlessly pursue God’s plan for the salvation of the Jewish people.” The Temporary Executive Assistant supports the Chief Partnership Officer (CPO) and has a wide range of responsibilities in any administrative duties deemed necessary to fulfill his/her roles. We are looking to fill this role for the months of February 2022 until May 2022 only.
Jews for Jesus is a faith-based religious organization and does not engage in unlawful discrimination or harassment because of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, national origin, pregnancy, childbirth, disability, or military status. As a religious organization, and consistent with the law, Jews for Jesus hires staff based on their religious beliefs about Jesus the Messiah, so that all staff share the same religious commitment, purpose, and values. Jews for Jesus maintains its religious mission and reserves its rights to make hiring and other decisions on the basis of religion and in furtherance of its religious objectives. These rights are clearly established in the law, that as a church organization Jews for Jesus has the right to hire only those individuals who are Christians and who agree with our statements of faith and practice, based on our religious beliefs and requirements for all staff.
· Manage calendar and daily and long-term schedule.
· Coordinate internal and external meeting.
· Coordinate, create, and keep Google documents organized.
· Work on unique electronic filing system for important documents.
· Screen incoming phone calls.
· Keep CPO’s office organized on a daily basis.
· Lightly edit letters, articles and other written work.
· Print new speaking messages on 5 X 7 cards and keep all messages organized, along with PowerPoints, in a physical and electronic system.
· Make sure all church deputations have been confirmed prior to the meeting, setting up appointments with the pastor or host of the local church. Order appropriate sales materials and see that they arrive on time.
· Complete the report forms after the meetings, help with donor correspondence, and work with the principals on approaches for church budget support.
· Handle all travel arrangements in advance (flights, car rentals, hotels, etc.).
· Set up visits for the CPO with donors and do needed research for said visits. Set up meetings (Breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, etc.) where appropriate with them.
· Mine potential contacts/donors to visit during trips where the CPO schedule allows for it.
· Assist in putting together grant and foundation proposals and work associated with securing, potential strategic partners.
· Maintain an up-to-date media/press list.
· Help to organize business billings.
· Run errands as needed (e.g., gas for car for deputation, etc.).
· General, miscellaneous secretarial and administrative duties.
COMPETENCIES or REQUIRED SKILLS
· Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Internet/E-mail (Outlook).
· Quick learner (learning new working systems BBEC, Concur, Wingman).
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and cooperate with all levels of staff.
· Self-motivated; able to work independently.
· Team player; willing to assist with other administrative functions and take on additional tasks.
· Punctual, dependable, flexible and adaptable.
· Must be an organized, high energy, hardworking multi-tasker as well as smart, relational and cheerful.
· Must possess a clean and valid Driver's License.
· Eager to learn and willing to be adventurous. This position will stretch you but also provides much satisfaction and fun.
· Must be able to embrace and embody our core values of dedication, passion for the lost and teamwork.
· Have a heart for the Jewish people and a willingness to understand the Jewish culture.
· Full agreement and affirmation of the Jews for Jesus statement of faith.
· Routine use of computers, phones, copiers, and scan/fax machines.
· At times required to run errands using supervisor’s vehicle.
· Sitting at a computer for long periods of time.
· Bending or standing on a stool to open file cabinets.
· Occasionally lift and move boxes that are 5-15 pounds.
· Walking and use of stairs to different departments.
· Able to drive a vehicle.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
· Full time M-F, 8am-5pm.
· Able to work remotely from home on Wednesdays.
· May require occasional evening work.
· May require some weekend work.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma or GED diploma.
· 2 years of experience in an administrative support role or equivalent.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· Good Bible knowledge very helpful.
· College degree a plus.