Youth & Family Pastor at Jacob's Well Community Church
Normal, IL 61761
About the job
Jacob’s Well Community Church is hiring a Youth & Family Pastor to enact and establish Jacob’s Well Community Church’s vision to be a people growing into Christ’s likeness for the sake of our community and the world in our ministries to and with children, youth, and families.
- Work with current volunteers, develop, equip, and encourage a core group of leading volunteers to support the vision of Jacob’s Well Community Church in our ministries to and with children, youth, and families.
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth-12th grade, which currently consists of Sunday mornings, summer programming, and special events (e.g., Joy Days, Christmas Program).
- Create environments, activities, and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Build relationships with children, youth, and families both within and outside of church events.
- Assist parents/grandparents/guardians as primary pastors to their children; envision and enact ways of extending the church’s ministry into the lives of families as support to parents/grandparents/guardians.
We are a small church of just over 100 regular attenders, with a normal Sunday morning attendance of 75. But we’re poised to grow in two important ways: in depth of formation and in capacity of outreach.
This is a Full-time (40-45 hours/week) role with a gross annual salary to be determined, commensurate with education and experience. Housing allowance and Retirement Contributions (contingent upon credentialing with Fellowship of Evangelical Churches) included along with vacation days, paid holiday and sick leave as per our employee handbook. Qualified women and men are invited to apply.
Pertaining to COVID-19 safety measures, we have decided to follow all Illinois Department of Public Health and Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations. Specifically, we are holding as many events as possible--including Sunday morning worship services--outdoors. When we gather indoors, we require all persons age 2 and older to wear masks regardless of vaccination status.