Associate Minister for Youth at Irvine First Chinese Baptist
Irvine, California 92612
About the job
· Collaborate with the Chinese and English Pastors to shepherd members of both congregations
· Teaching and leading Bible studies
· Shepherd and mentor middle school and high school students to grow in their faith and spiritual life.
· Periodically visit students at home or at school
· Select and implement teaching curriculum for Friday and Sunday programs that fits the church objectives
· Communicate and collaborate with parents at church
· Organize and plan youth activities
· Strong skills in teaching God’s Word
· Strong communication and social skills
· Evident relationship with Jesus Christ
· Understanding and ability to work in a cross-cultural setting
· Able to mentor and counsel middle and high school students
· MA or MDiv degree in Seminary or Theology School desired
· Fluent in English, able to understand and communicate in Mandarin
Irvine First Chinese Baptist is an evangelical Chinese church in Irvine near the UCI campus serving people from Chinese and Asian American backgrounds.
The Chinese speaking congregation was started in 1976 in Fountain Valley. Our church building was erected in Irvine, California in 1985 and upon completion our worship services and outreach were moved to Irvine. The English ministry began in 1986.
We are a church of about 180 attendees with two language congregations. Mandarin speaking primarily from Taiwan or China. English with ethnicities from Asian countries and local born residents.
Our ministries cover to children, youth, college outreach and seniors. We focus our ministries on cross-cultural needs in the community.
Visit our website at http://irvinebaptist.org/ and http://www.gracehaven-church.org/
IFCBC / Grace Haven church (our English congregation) are a part of Transformation Ministries (https://tmchurches.org/).