About the job
InterVarsity’s Graduate and Faculty Ministries is seeking a campus staff intern to serve graduate students and professors at universities in the Los Angeles area. The Greater Los Angeles area is home to over 60 colleges and universities. Graduate students and faculty innovate and shape our society through their research and teaching. A grad and faculty ministry staff has the joy of learning from and walking with faculty in their vocational call and ministry in academia.
Currently, InterVarsity serves grad and faculty fellowships throughout the Greater LA area. Depending on your ministry gifts and interests, InterVarsity welcomes interns who are interested in doing their apprenticeship/field education in the academic context.
Consider the opportunity to serve graduate students and faculty from diverse backgrounds and contexts. Join God’s work by engaging issues of faith and integration in academia. The campus staff intern/apprentice will:
- Build grad and faculty witnessing communities
- Help grad students and faculty live out their faith within their respective disciplines
- Guide grad students and faculty in being examples of Christian faith in the academy
- Provide spiritual support to Christian grad students and faculty as they maneuver a demanding vocation and their unique context
- Partner with undergraduate staff colleagues for towards campus renewal
- Participate in local team of InterVarsity GFM campus staff across Southern California
- InterVarsity is looking for candidates who demonstrate prior Christian leadership, personal initiative, interpersonal skills, and some ability to self-manage. Theological education and/or advanced degrees are considered an asset. The next faculty ministry staff will meet regularly with the GFM SoCal Area Team, assist in planting and growing faculty fellowships, and raise personal and ministry funds.
If you are interested in pursuing this apprenticeship, complete the GFM Initial Interest Form and submit a copy of your resume or C.V.