About the job
InterVarsity/USA is seeking a campus staff to serve MBA students and professors at business schools in Los Angeles. LA is home to multiple influential business schools, including some ranked in the top 20 business schools in the nation. Currently we have relationships with an ongoing student fellowship at UCLA Anderson School of Management and have contact with students open to planting a fellowship at USC Marshall School of Business.
The MBA Ministry Specialist will:
- Partner with students and faculty at both Business School to create missional communities
- Mentor MBA students and advise high performing teams
- Meet with faculty to help them nurture their vision for being and creating world changers
- Contribute to national initiatives, like the annual Christian MBA conference Believers in Business
- Network with Christian business leaders to find mentors and speakers for campus
- Broker partnerships (e.g., mentoring) with groups like: New Canaan Society, C12, CBMC and other faith and work ministries
The ideal candidate has a deep appreciation for business as a strategic force for improving life and making a kingdom difference in people, values, and institutions. This is a challenging, high-energy position, and you will work with a team of exceptional colleagues who will stimulate your own growth and learning. To accomplish this work, you will receive specialized training and ongoing coaching from InterVarsity leaders for working with graduate students and faculty. Additionally, you will be part of a team of colleagues, partnering together to reach campuses in the LA area.
Candidates ideally possess academic degrees beyond a Bachelor’s degree. Theological degrees are desired but not required. Staff are expected to raise funds to cover their ministry budget and will receive training in Ministry Partnership Development.
Join a unique ministry that has produced significant fruit. Our world needs competent business leaders with character. You can be part of developing them. Consider joining our team or referring others to partner with us in spreading the Gospel in the university and beyond.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, complete the GFM Initial Interest Form and email your resume or CV.