About the job
University of Southern California (USC) is a private research university that serves over 47,500 students. USC’s University Park Campus, located in the heart of Los Angeles, generates $8 billion in economic impact for Los Angeles county each year. USC began with 10 teachers in 1880, but is now home to over 4,000 full-time faculty.
USC enrolls over 27,500 graduate and professional students and offers graduate degrees from over 20 professional schools. The university is currently ranked 22nd according to US News & World Report. Enrollment at USC is diverse, including over 11,000 international students. USC is committed to cutting edge research, evident in yielding six faculty who have won Nobel Prizes and five MacArthur Fellows.
InterVarsity’s Graduate Christian Fellowship (GCF) seeks to foster a space for discipleship and fellowship. GCF serves students from various degree programs, while the Gould Christian Fellowship contextualizes ministry for law students. USC’s University Park Campus has opportunities for planting and growth.
Consider the opportunity to serve the graduate student and faculty population at USC, engaging in issues of faith and academic integration. The Campus Staff Minister will:
- Develop and plant InterVarsity ministries for graduate students and faculty at USC
- Network with and mentor graduate students
- Meet with faculty to help nurture a vision for being and creating world changers
- Provide spiritual support to Christian faculty as they maneuver a demanding vocation and research
- Participate in local team of InterVarsity GFM campus staff across Southern California
- InterVarsity is looking for candidates who demonstrate prior Christian leadership, personal initiative, interpersonal skills, and some ability to self-manage. Theological education and/or advanced degrees are considered an asset.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, complete the GFM Initial Interest Form and submit a copy of your resume or C.V.