About the job
University of California - Irvine (UCI) is a public research university located in Orange County serving over 31,000 students. It was one of three campuses developed during the 1960s as part of the University of California (UC) system.
UCI offers 68 masters programs and 50 doctoral programs. Of the many graduate programs, 29 are ranked in the nation’s top 10 according to US News & World Report. UCI is home to over 6,000 graduate students, approximately 3,000 faculty members and over 2,700 non-teaching academics. UCI is committed to groundbreaking research, evident in yielding three researchers who have won Nobel Prizes. UCI was also recently recognized as a Hispanic-serving institution (HSI) for 2017-2018 and is designated as an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-serving institution. Additionally, Financial Times ranked UCI’s Paul Merage School of Business 1st in employing the highest percentage of female faculty.
Over 20% of the overall graduate student population is enrolled in health sciences. The UCI Medical Center remains the only university hospital and Level I trauma center in Orange County. It continues to be ranked among the nation’s best hospitals.
Consider the opportunity to serve the graduate student and faculty population at UCI, engaging in issues of faith and academic integration. The Campus Staff Minister will:
- Develop and re-plant InterVarsity ministries for graduate students and faculty at UCI
- Network with and mentor graduate students
- Meet with faculty to help nurture a vision for being and creating world changers
- Provide spiritual support to Christian faculty as they maneuver a demanding vocation and conduct research
- Participate in the team of InterVarsity Graduate & Faculty Ministries campus staff across Southern California
- InterVarsity is looking for candidates who demonstrate prior Christian leadership, personal initiative, and interpersonal skills. Theological education and/or advanced degrees are considered an asset.