About the job
Media Producer Addendum: Video Producer
Supervised by: Associate Director of Alumni Engagement
Status: Part-time or full-time
To advance the purpose of InterVarsity, this position will be a part of the Alumni communications team to develop and produce the After IV Podcast for InterVarsity’s Alumni with a strategic plan for growth in both audience and sponsorships.
· Be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ: growing in love for God, God's Word, God's people of every ethnicity and culture, and God's purposes in the world.
· Model wisdom and maturity in the balance of family, church, and ministry life.
· Be a lifelong learner who prizes the discipleship of the mind; particularly staying current on issues of technology innovation, product management disciplines, process improvement and leadership.
Collaboration, Communication & Strategy
· Create and execute a podcast strategy
· Arrange, produce, direct and record interviews in studio and in the field
· Oversee the technical aspects including mixing and editing audio
· Support and troubleshoot studio, remote, and field recording workflows and tools
· Create and oversee After IV Podcast calendar
· Identify and edit show clips that can be distributed across Alumni social media platforms
· Research topics, book guests, and conduct pre-interviews for each episode
· Collaborate with the Communications Director and Social Media Coordinator to create and execute best promotion strategies
· Monitor audience growth and develop new ways to increasing program reach and retention
· Research and cultivate potential sponsorship relationships
· Build relationships and cultivate collaboration between interdepartmental IV podcasts
· Develop a team of prayer and financial support.
· Raise an agreed-upon amount of financial support annually.
· Establish and nurture ministry partner relationships through visits, phone calls and regular prayer letters.
· Annually affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Faith
· Commitment to Jesus Christ and a heart for students, electronic communication and the arts
· Commitment to growing relationships with God, his Word, his people, and the church
· Experience with or knowledge of InterVarsity or the ability to quickly understand and be committed to the purposes of InterVarsity and 2100 Productions
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 1 year of experience
· Electronic communication and/or technical expertise, plus the creative skills needed to communicate concepts with visual media
· Ability to work well as part of a team as well as ability to be a self-starter and work independently
· Strong organization and time management skills. Ability to work well in a deadline driven environment
· Ability to relate well and maintain good communication with co-workers, field staff and other teams at the NSC
· Ability to articulate ideas and to think critically about culture and communication
· Commitment to excellence
· Willingness to learn new things and think "outside of the box"
· Sensitivity to and willingness to work with diverse cultures and ethnicities