About the job
Consider the opportunity to serve the graduate student and faculty population at UC Santa Cruz, engaging in issues of faith and academic integration. The Campus Staff Minister will:
- Develop InterVarsity ministries for graduate students and faculty at UC Santa Cruz
- Network with and mentor graduate students
- Meet with faculty to help nurture a vision for being and creating world changers
- Provide spiritual support to Christian faculty as they maneuver a demanding vocation and conduct research
- Partner with InterVarsity undergraduate ministries
- Participate in the team of InterVarsity Graduate & Faculty Ministries campus staff across the Pacific Area
- Collaborate with other campus ministries and local church partners to build up and strengthen witnessing communities at UC Santa Cruz.
InterVarsity is looking for candidates who demonstrate prior Christian leadership, personal initiative, and interpersonal skills. Theological education and/or advanced degrees are considered an asset. The ideal candidate has prior work experience in ministry or the marketplace as well as an advanced degree. Candidates need to have people skills for networking, leadership, and evangelism. Cross-cultural skills are a must. All campus staff with InterVarsity are responsible for their own ministry partner development and will receive training and supervision in this area.