About the job
Ingalls Creek Enrichment Center is seeking a mature and energetic Christian leader to enhance, develop, and supervise our programmatic ministries. You will be responsible for the overall success of each program. You will supervise volunteers and work in partnership with a small staff team on progress and performance. A successful Program Director must have a broad knowledge of program management principles. They must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead, develop, and collaborate with others. The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization.
Ingalls Creek develops and offers a growing variety of programs through its Center for Faith, Calling, and Community, with special focus on retreats and conferences for people in transition points in life. These retreats inspire people to fulfill their life's purpose and significantly impact the communities where they live and serve. Program themes include: Faith & Life; Faith & Work; Faith & Family; Faith & the Arts; Stewardship of Creation. In addition, the Summer Fellowship Program mentors college students as they serve on site and in placements with local nonprofits for 10-12 week summer internships.
The Program Development Director will plan innovative and quality programs, and bring retreat concepts to fruition, significantly shaping public visibility and increasing participation of people throughout the Pacific Northwest.
We are seeking a person who emanates love for people and demonstrates a life deeply grounded in relationship with Jesus Christ and the practices of Christian faith. They build strong relationships with winsomeness, grace, and a heart for hospitable community. They bring meaningful experience designing and establishing programs that empower retreat participants to live out their faith and calling in the context of their daily personal lives and vocational work.
They convey enthusiasm, humor, hope, cultural discernment, and a steady, faithful presence in their leadership roles. Their work is marked by integrity and a team approach. They demonstrate professionalism and find ways to translate entrepreneurial concepts into clear goals with flourishing results.
- Proven experience as program director or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
Develop and implement creative new programs in line with the mission of Ingalls Creek, in collaboration with staff, content providers/presenters, working board teams, marketing/communication efforts, and volunteers
Oversee annual retreat schedule, program budgeting, promotion, volunteer and paid staff, logistics, evaluations, and reporting
Grow the Summer Internship Program through recruiting interns, developing job placement sites with local partners, and coordinating on-site activities with staff
Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Develop or approve budgets and operations
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Supervise all program and project staff and volunteers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Keep Executive Director informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
For full Position Announcement, place the following link (copy/paste) in your browser https://www.ingallscreek.org/2020/12/18/position-announcement-program-director/ or click here: Position Announcement
IMPORTANT: To apply, along with resume please include a letter of interest including responses to a) What about your background makes you a strong candidate and good fit for this role? and b) What particularly interests you in this position?
Candidate letters & resumes will be reviewed as they are received.