Executive Assistant at Ideos Institute
About the job
About Ideos Institute
Ideos Institute (“Ideos”) is a Christian, nonprofit, nonpartisan research and practice institute dedicated to advancing empathy in leadership, culture, and spiritual life. We do this to help heal the divisions that plague our communities, our congregations, and our culture.
Summary of Responsibilities
Ideos Institute is currently seeking a part-time Executive Assistant (“EA”) to serve as a critical member of the organization’s team. The primary objective of the EA is to provide high-level executive support to the Ideos President & CEO ("P/CEO") to ensure they have the resources and time necessary to accomplish key priorities and organizational initiatives.
As an early stage organization with a small team, this position will contribute highly to the growth and impact of the organization. As the right hand to the "chief visionary officer," the ideal candidate will be able to "hit the ground running," and have a mindset of collaboration, creativity, and organization. To be successful in this role, he/she should work well in highly flexible and nimble environments, with a strong ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
Specifically, the EA to the P/CEO will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Manage P/CEO’s daily calendar, including scheduling meetings, confirming
appointments, writing itineraries, and arranging for transportation.
- Prioritize emails and respond when necessary.
- Answer and respond to phone calls and general website inquiries.
- Draft, review and send communications on behalf of the P/CEO.
- Organize and prepare for meetings, including gathering documents and attending to logistics of meetings.
- Disseminate information and communicate to the CPO, the Ideos Board of Directors, donors, and other stakeholders on a regular basis through email, phone, and mail.
- Maintain various records and documents for P/CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates are organization-focused and represent the P/CEO and organization professionally. As a result, strong candidates for this position will ideally:
- Be passionate about Ideos Institute’s mission and vision.
- Have a strong commitment to diversity, with an ability to build relationships among diverse constituencies and communities.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills. Including interpersonal and public speaking.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail, including ability to manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Have strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Be resourceful and adaptable; ability to work independently and with cross functional teams.
- Have past experience working in a high-performing organization and stressful situations.
- Have a working knowledge of Google Suite.
- Have 5+ years’ experience in providing executive-level support.
- Have reliable transportation and the ability to meet in-person with P/CEO in the Pasadena, CA area.
- Ability to begin employment in early January 2024 or sooner.
This position is a hybrid role requiring 2 days per week in the office, and the remaining hours conducted from home.