About the job
About Ideos Institute: Ideos Institute (“Ideos”) is a nonprofit organization working at the intersection of faith, dialogue, and civic engagement. Our mission is to equip and support followers of Christ in their calling to cultivate relationships across lines of difference in a mutual pursuit of deeply knowing and loving their neighbors, putting empathy into action, so that, together, we can solve our greatest challenges.
Summary / Objective: We are currently seeking to contract a Part-Time Communications and Marketing Manager who will oversee Ideos' communications and marketing.
Scope of Work
- Work with Vice President (VP) to develop and implement communications plans with cost-effective marketing and outreach strategies to communicate with a range of constituents through printed and electronic media;
- Create, write, edit, and produce press releases, videos, collateral, newsletters, social media content, and other printed materials, including the Ideos annual report;
- Update and contribute to the organization’s website content, publications, and media outreach;
- Communicate and collaborate with a range of people and organizations to advance Ideos’ mission;
- In partnership with VP, help develop and manage outreach efforts to promote the organization’s programs and services with media, partners, and external publications;
- Oversee communications and PR responsibilities for organizational and programmatic events;
- Perform additional responsibilities related to the success of the organization as needed.
A commitment to the organization’s mission, vision and values;
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or business highly preferred;
Minimum of 2+ years communications, PR, marketing, and/or fundraising experience;
Demonstrates excellent organizational and managerial skills with attention to detail;
Excellent and prompt written and verbal communication skills;
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully;
Energetic and personable; takes initiative and thinks creatively;
Strong computer skills in Google Suite, Squarespace, Canva, and other design/layout software;
Experience with website and newsletter design, production, and message development;
Nonprofit experience a plus.
Hours: Independent contractor. Part-time (15-20) hours per week.
Additional Details: This is a hybrid position with the ability to work from home. Ideos is currently in the midst of relocating its offices to Pasadena, CA, so this position will eventually require working part time at a location in Pasadena.
Applicants: To apply qualified applicants must send cover letter, link to portfolio/website and resume/CV to email@example.com