Operations Manager at Hope Ventures
About the job
Job Title: Operations Manager
Hope Ventures Description: Hope Ventures is a nonprofit that trains local partners to raise up thriving businesses in underserved communities. We do this by helping set up custom business startup programs through local organizations based in the U.S. and overseas to overcome poverty through entrepreneurship.
Job Summary: We are looking for a detail-oriented operations manager who knows how to effectively plan, direct and monitor projects, and collaborate with others toward success. This person will ensure the administration and completion of projects along with office admin duties on time within budget and within scope.
This position is virtual, however, depending on your location, occasional in-person meetings can be arranged. Organized, experienced candidates with strong interpersonal skills are encouraged to apply.
Reports To: CEO
Position Status: Part Time – 20hr/week initially (If interested, a secondary position is available creating a total of 25hr/week)
Pay type: hourly
Compensation: Negotiable, based on experience
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who is comfortable in a startup environment and resonates with our mission.
- A life-long learner who is constantly working to improve their professional knowledge.
- Tech savvy with experience with basic office equipment ie. printers, scanners, etc.
- Proficient with word processing software and data entry. – MS Office Suite, (QuickBooks & Bloomerang (CRM) a plus).
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Great interpersonal skills. (After all, we are in the people business!)
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Someone who can thrive while working virtually.
- Website maintenance & graphic design skills a plus
What you will be doing:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in defining projects involving relevant stakeholders.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Collaborate on writing newsletter updates, create and send via MailChimp and hardcopy
- Write/proof copy for promotions and projects
- Track donor giving and interactions using Bloomerang (CRM)
- Process donations and generate receipts
- Create invoices and process payments
- Interact with bookkeeper
- Prepare various financial and donor giving reports
- Act as the point of contact and support for donors, occasionally for clients and field partners.
- Keep documents current using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Keep office supplies in stock
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Provide general admin for team members as needed
- Possible event administration and oversight (workshops, online forums)