About the job
Children's Ministry Director
The Children's Ministry Director will oversee all children's ministry and child care for nursery through 5th grade.
- Develop an engaging Sunday morning program that reaches each child on their level.
- Recruit, screen, background check and schedule all volunteers working with children.
- Provide training for workers.
- Research and prepare an engaging curriculum for each age group that encourages spiritual growth.
- Create a strategy for reaching and assimilating children.
- To encourage parents and provide resources to assist them in the spiritual formation of their children.
- To manage children's ministry and childcare budgets.
- Meet and align with senior pastor.
- Coordinate childcare needs at church related events.
- Organize and execute a Summer Vacation Bible School or equivalent.
Character and Conduct
- Must have a strong commitment to the mission, purposes, and philosophies of Hope Fellowship.
- Leads a disciplined daily life of prayer and Bible intake.
- Evidences Biblical character.
- Has a shepherd's heart.
- In harmony with the church and respectable to the community.
- Attendance, tithing, prayers, and presence must be in support of Hope Fellowship.
- Must be a servant leader, not quarrelsome or beligerently independent.
- Organizational and administrative skill.
- Enthusiastic, self-starting approach to work.
- Accepts supervisory instruction and direction.
- Communicates in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Positive attitude.
- Willing to learn and embrace the West Coast/Seattle culture.
The qualified person must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent
The job is a full-time salaried position and pay will be determined based on experience.