Senior Pastor at Holiday Island Community Church
Holiday Island, Arkansas
About the job
Looking For A New Pastor
Our Wonderful Pastor is retiring at the end of January 2021
Below is information to help you in determining if this pastor opening would be right for you
There is an immediate opening for a Pastor at Holiday Island Community Church, an interdenominational congregation located in the beautiful mountains of North West, Arkansas. The church has approximately 160 members from multiple denominations. The position requires a Divinity degree from a school accredited by the Association of Theology and a minimum of eight years of experience as a Pastor in a church. The Pastor must exemplify personal spiritual growth and integrity.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Conducting Sunday morning worship services
· Coordinating special Lent, Christmas Eve and memorial services
· Teaching occasional Bible Studies
· Attending monthly Administrative Council meetings and other ministry meetings as appropriate
· Pastoral care and Discipleship including counseling, visiting shut-ins and hospitalized members
· Being visible in the community through involvement in activities
· Partnering with the congregation to grow church membership
The Pastor must have the ability to demonstrate both the theological understanding of the Bible, and the leadership necessary to be a “Shepherd” of the congregation. The skill set of the Pastor should include preaching biblically sound sermons that encourage a growing relationship with and service to the Lord, a leadership and supervisory style that builds teamwork, the ability to encourage inter-generational interactions among church members, effective planning and organizational skills, and an open and engaging personality that stems from a genuine interest in others and the desire to be God’s person in every situation.
Cover letters and resumes may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastoral Search Committee
Holiday Island Community Church
P. O. Box 3055
Holiday Island, AR 72631
Please contact the Church Office with any questions: 479-253-8200
Note: Our church follows the CDC COVID guidelines; social distancing and masks required.