About the job
Hillcrest Church is looking for a full-time Youth Pastor who will passionately love and disciple the middle school and high school young people of Hillcrest Church while building meaningful bridges into the community of Whatcom County, inviting a diverse community of young people to be fully known and fully loved. We are committed to continuously working toward being a place that more fully represents the beautiful multi-ethnic and multi-generational Kingdom of God, providing authentic hope, genuine compassion, and spiritually deep community for all people. Set in the heart of Fairhaven, a seaside district of Bellingham, Washington, Hillcrest Church is a vibrant community of about 1,300 Jesus followers who are seeking to partner with Him in every season of life. We desire to be a hub of hope: building bridges into our neighborhood, and making space at our tables to invite people into real and honest community with both Jesus and His people. Check out our website for more information: https://www.hcbellingham.com/about?us/our?beliefs/
Title: Youth Pastor
Start Date: No later than August 1, 2023 and open to an earlier start
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Sunday to Thursday, flexible scheduling and limited telecommuting that are subject to approval before offer
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Pay: Salary, ministerial exception, $55,000 to $60,000 (based on qualifications and experience)
> Paid leave: Includes 13-14 days of paid holidays (including one floating holiday and one-week Christmas to New Year’s break), vacation accruing at ten days per year, and sick accruing at one hour per forty hours paid
> Unpaid leave: Ten days of unpaid leave per year available for those who need time-off beyond what vacation provides > Health insurance: 85% employer-paid premiums for base HSA plan, available coverage for employee and their dependent(s), step-up plans available
> HSA contributions: Employer-match up to $25 per semi-monthly pay period
> Dental and vision insurance: Covering employee through family
> Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance: Covering employee
> Accident and critical illness insurance: Voluntary and funded fully by employee, covering employee through family
> Employee assistance program (EAP): Variety of cost-free services available to all employees and their households that support issues with mental health, finances, etc.
> Taxes: 100% employer-paid WA state PFML and L&I premiums
> Retirement: 3% employer contributions to a 403(b) plan after one-year of continuous, active employment
> Work culture: Caring team that appreciates each individual’s unique gifts and personality
Candidates must meet all of the requirements listed below:
- Previous ministry experience working with youth or equivalent.
- Educational background and/or qualifications in biblical theology or equivalent.
- Proficient in software use, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Outlook, Survey Monkey, and virtual meeting and shared drive platforms.
- Familiar with common social media platforms and how to leverage them for ministry;
- Competent with audio, visual, and lighting technology.
- Has experience with departmental budgeting and the keeping of records and receipts for credible accounting.
- Holds a valid driver’s license and has a clean driving record.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrates a life that is committed to integrity, honesty, and meaningful Christ-centered, biblically-based spiritual growth.
- Able to be self-reflective, curious, and forward-thinking when it comes to their own learning and development.
- Is able to inspire and equip the next generation through both intellectually and spiritually deep teaching; teaching middle and high school students to love God with their heart, mind, and spirit.
- Sees, values, and champions the integration of young people into the wider community of Hillcrest Church. Pursues meaningful ways to foster multi-generational participation in the mission of Hillcrest in order to fully express the Kingdom of God in our worship services.
- Is able to foster a strong ministry team of small group leaders, who are equipped and committed to mentoring and caring for young people.
- Relates to, demonstrates awareness of, and navigates the nuances of the broader community culture at Hillcrest and in the Pacific Northwest.
Desired Ministry Approach
- Passionate about sharing life with young people through investing in deep and meaningful Christ-centered, biblically-rooted discipleship at both the personal and group level. Prioritizes authentic community and conversation over event-based ministry.
- Is inherently mission-focused; always looking for ways to build bridges into our communities and schools, and provide tables for young people to find Jesus-centered community and hope. - Highly relational across diverse and multiple generations, desiring to connect with students, their families, and adult leaders.
- Desires to work on a large and highly integrated team that prioritizes collective spiritual health and a culture of modeled mission, mutual trust, shared responsibility, healthy communication/conflict, and accountability.
- Creative, energetic, and ambitious in casting vision.
Conditions of Employment
- Complete a pre-employment background check.
- Complete a DISC personality assessment.
- Ordained or meets the qualifications for a church-based commission.
- Must agree to and support the Hillcrest Statement of Faith and Hillcrest Church Belief and Practice Regarding Biblical Marriage and Sexuality.
- Will uphold the mission and values of Hillcrest Church.
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as cultural competency principles and practices.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, April 30 via e-mail and must include (PDF format):
- Cover letter: Explain (at minimum) why you are attracted to the position and how you meet the minimum requirements.
- Resume: Summarizing (at minimum) educational background and achievements, work experience and volunteer experience, and personal interests/passions.
Contact Information for Submission or Questions Dr. Hannah Dreblow, [email protected], 360-733-8400 x205
1400 Larrabee Ave
Belllingham, Washington 98225