About the job
Founded in 2001, Heaven’s Family is a disciple-making, relief and development ministry with a mission to advance Jesus’ Kingdom. Over the past 18 years we’ve grown from a small, family-run organization to a ministry that employs 20 people with an annual budget of $3 million. We have 20 focused ministries that target specific demographics and issues, and we work in more than 40 countries.
The mission of the Director of Disciple Multiplication is to introduce disciple multiplication expertise and practices into Heaven’s Family. This person will play an important role in refining and executing the vision for advancing Jesus’ Kingdom, specifically through starting, supporting, and supplementing disciple-making movements. Initially, this staff member will direct our programs for national missionaries, Bible distribution, and disciple-multiplication before expanding disciple-multiplication practices to our other programs. They will ensure we are achieving our goals and are successful in our vision and mission.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Disciple Multiplication will play an important role in refining and executing the vision. He or she will evaluate and improve current programs, build new programs, and grow and scale programs, along with building and leading a team to support these programs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Learn and evaluate Heaven’s Family’s current strategy, programs, projects, and partners in regards to disciple-multiplication, development, and relief
- Within the first six months with the management team, develop a multi-year plan with measurable goals and outcomes to increase the fruitfulness of our efforts in disciple- multiplication
- Collaborate closely with Director of International Development to support disciple- multiplication efforts with development and relief projects
- Work with the Accounting Department to manage the overall operational and financial responsibilities and activities
- Collaborate with the Advancement Department in planning, organizing, executing, and evaluating fundraising strategies
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned and needed
The Director of Disciple Multiplication will be an exceptionally talented and a passionate leader with a calling to full-time ministry work and evident commitment to personal godliness. He ornshe will be a “visionary within the vision” and entrepreneurial, yet detail-oriented, and excel in administration and operations.
- Training in disciple-multiplication required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred but not required
- At least five (5) years of disciple-multiplication practice
- At least five (5) years of cross-cultural ministry experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including story telling
- Technologically competent
- Proficient in photography
- Strong project management skills
- Strong managerial and team building skills
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
- Able to work from home in the Punxsutawney area and regularly meet with other staff in various places until we eventually get office space
Salary range: Please send salary requirements
Benefits package: Health care stipend for employee and family; retirement plan matches employee payroll deductions, up to 3% of income.
Vacation: Twenty (20) days annually
Relocation: Allowance is negotiable
Other: Nine (9) paid holidays annually
Ready to take the next step?
For additional information about Heaven’s Family, please visit our website
at www.HeavensFamily.org/employment. If, after prayerfully reviewing this information, you sense that this role and opportunity could be a good fit for you, please submit a cover letter, resumé and salary requirements to:
Stephen Servant | email@example.com