Research Assistant at Headington Institute
Pasadena, CA 91101
About the job
The Headington Institute seeks a talented, passionate, and committed individual for the position of Research Assistant. This position offers satisfying work in a collaborative and flexible small team environment. The position can be 100% remote but may involve travel to the home office in Pasadena on a quarterly basis.
The Headington Institute is a nonprofit organization providing psychological and spiritual support to humanitarian relief and emergency response personnel worldwide.
· Score and Interpret Clinical Data: Use personality inventories and trauma assessments for trainings for aid workers going to high-risk environments and/or for pre-deployment resilience assessments.
· Research Project Management: Coordinate ongoing and new research projects by submitting IRB protocols and managing data. This also includes managing existing database. This includes pulling quarterly data from our online platform and entering it into SPSS database.
· Data Analysis: Conduct a wide range of univariate and multivariate statistical analysis on Institute data.
· Assisting with research papers and writing projects that involve research findings as assigned.
· Writing articles on psychological topics related to target population needs; able to distill research and make it easily consumable for clients and the general public.
· Grant Support: Prepare and then summarize data sets for grant reports, providing assessment reports when requested.
· Program Management: support development of new ‘e-learning’ resources & courses and manage enrollment in current courses. Respond to emails for requests for information or assistance; assign and manage “pre-deployment resilience assessments” for organizational clients.
· Special Projects: Assume responsibility for special projects requiring creativity, autonomy, initiative, and resourcefulness.
Occasional workshop evaluations for research purposes, and grant funding reports.