Operations Assistant at Headington Institute
About the job
Headington Institute, August 2021
The Operations Assistant is a part-time position that reports to the Director of Development and Operations. This position requires the ability to work from our Pasadena, CA office on occasion. The Operations Assistant will support our currently remote team through a variety of operations, administrative, and technology management tasks. We are looking for someone hard-working, responsible, detail-oriented, creative, and communicative.
The Operations Assistant will be responsible for the following, with collaboration and direction from the Director of Development and Operations:
- Operations Coordination: Donation entry and reconciliations; credit card and deposit reports; bookkeeper communication; filing licenses and insurance policy paperwork; bill collection; staff orientation and set-up.
- General Administration: Order office supplies; monitor telephone messages, administrative email account, and Slack workspace; maintain subscriptions and account passwords; oversee Dropbox files; occasional post office drop-offs; board meeting preparation and record keeping; additional projects as assigned.
- Technology Management: Manage central team calendar; regularly update website and online learning platform; serve as point of contact for web development team; schedule social media content as directed.
- Education: Associate’s degree in an appropriate field required. Bachelor’s preferred.
- Experience: Previous administrative or executive assistant experience required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Google Suite, and QuickBooks is required and some experience with WordPress, and project management platforms like Asana or Todoist is preferred. Qualified candidates will be comfortable with Slack, Zoom, and Google Calendar.
- Workstyle: Mature, independent, honest, detail-oriented, effective multi-tasker, able to maintain cooperative relationships with staff. You’ll be a great fit if you are a systems thinker and have an eye for improving processes and problem solving. We’ll rely on you to keep the trains running on time.
- Hours: Initial flexible schedule of 15 hours per week to be determined by you and your supervisor. Number of hours is negotiable upon review. The schedule you determine with your supervisor must fit within the working hours of 8am-5pm PST.
- Salary: $30-35 per hour. The current position does not qualify for benefits, however, the right candidate may be able to grow the role into a full-time position in the future.
- Location: While our team is currently working remote, this position must be able to work out of our Pasadena, CA, office on occasion. Our team will be exploring a return to limited capacity, in-person work as the pandemic allows.
- Supervisor: Director of Development and Operations.
About the Headington Institute
Based in Pasadena, California, the Headington Institute cares for the world’s helpers by promoting the physical hardiness, emotional resilience, and spiritual vitality of humanitarian aid workers, emergency responders and community caregivers. The Institute strengthens aid organizations by encouraging the wellbeing of their staff, making it a partner in worldwide humanitarian and emergency responder work. Cofounded by Drs. James Guy and Tim Headington in 2001, the Headington Institute provides counseling, training, consultation, online resources, and research services worldwide. Institute staff work directly with approximately 6,000 personnel per year.
Statement on Anti-Racism and Inclusivity
We are working to become an inclusive and equitable anti-racist community. As an organization, we want to create an environment where BIPOC feel safe and supported on our team. Regardless of your age, color, race, limitations, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status or lived experience, we strive to treat all members of our community with dignity and respect so that they feel safe, celebrated, and welcomed.