About the job
We are Habitat
Since 1976, Habitat for Humanity has served millions of people in more than 100 countries and thousands of communities across the USA, providing simple, decent, and affordable shelter. The Spiritual Life function seeks to nurture the organization’s spiritual life to live the core mission of “Seeking to demonstrate God love, Habitat brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.” Habitat is a ministry of action more than words and is somewhat unique in we are Christian movement that welcomes people of all faiths and no faith to join us in addressing the need for shelter.
What will you build?
You will have the opportunity to work with the Steward of Spiritual Practices and volunteers globally to facilitate times of devotionals, prayer, and other events. Our ideal candidate is someone comfortable in their Christian faith and can work with people of all walks of life and faith traditions.
*This position is virtual, and the candidate needs to in the US, Costa Rica, or Bratislava.
- Collaboration with Habitat staff to support and lead spiritual life events, such as devotionals and daily prayer.
- Research, curate, develop, publish, and evaluate spiritual practices for the global Habitat community.
- Per the student talents and interests, lead projects that grow the spiritual life and Christian mission of Habitat.
- Successfully pursuing or recently completed a theological degree or the equivalent experience.
- Two years of ministry experience with peers or adults
- Humble, hungry for a challenge, and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to perceive organizational and personal dynamics
- Well-organized and able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong English verbal and written communications skills.
- Capacity to integrate Christian faith and today’s culture
- Clinical Pastoral Education or other professional counseling experience
- International experience.
- Spanish fluency
The internship is from now until December 2021 (or the end of the school year), with the potential option to extend; and is a 20 hours/week paid internship.