About the job
Green Valley Presbyterian Church in Henderson, Nevada is looking for a full time"Christian Education Director". Those interested, please contact Diane Schurr at firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested.
Title: Director of Christian Education
The Director of Christian Education must be committed to introducing children and youth to the Christian faith and nurturing the joy of the Good News of Jesus Christ. The goal is to provide children and youth with opportunities to grow in God’s grace and to help guide them into a loving relationship with God.
In addition, to work with the session in planning, developing, and supervising the Christian education of children and youth, in accordance with the policies and directions of the Christian Education Committee.
Accountability: Accountable to the Pastor as Head of Staff.
- Coordinate and unify the education activities of the children into an integrated and effective ministry of Christian education in order for children and youth to grow in their faith.
- Keep abreast of educational needs of children and youth and refer these needs to the proper committee.
- Complete all administrative duties relating to the Christian education ministry.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with parents/guardians of the children.
- Establish and maintain positive and healthy relationships with children, youth, and their families.
- Develop and manage parent social activities.
- Develop and implement curricula for children and youth.
- Serve as consultant to Christian Education Committee.
- Assist the Christian Education Committee in recruiting, training and volunteers in coaching and strengthening their teaching abilities.
- Identify and plan for both on-going or one-time educational events.
- Serve as a resource to other staff regarding Christian education.
- Order curriculum and Christian education supplies.
- Develop and implement an annual calendar of activities and develop programs that builds relationships and discipleship at every age level.
- Assists the Education Committee in the development and management of the annual budget for children’s and youth ministry.
- Participate in continuing education and training as approved by the Christian Education Committee.
- Responsible for the operation of the church nursery and assisting in recruiting volunteer workers for the nursery.
- Create and maintain a system for student registration and record keeping.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Christian Education committee meetings.
- Manage and train the Child Protection policies to teachers, volunteers and staff.
- Prepare and manage confirmation for youth.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
- Servant leader with a passion to grow God’s Kingdom through ministries associated with Green Valley Presbyterian Church
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of the Bible and the Christian Faith.
- Ability to be flexible and think creatively.
- Competent in the use of Word, Excel and social media.
- Flexible in learning new technology that becomes necessary.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and professional discernment
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Cheerful and positive attitude.
- A desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
- 1 – 3 years working with children.
- An educational background in Christian Ministries, Education, and/or Biblical Studies preferred.
- Administrative skills to assist the Office Manager in various duties.
Relationships: Accountable to the pastor as head of staff and the Christian Education Committee in the performance of responsibilities. In addition, communicates with parents to encourage participation in activities.
Evaluation: Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the pastor.
Rev. August 2021