About the job
Open Position: Director of Children and Families Ministry
Position Summary. The director oversees the faith formation of children ages 0 to 5th grade, as well as equipping and empowering parents and guardians so that faith formation continues in the home. In addition to building relationships with families, the director shall seek meaningful relationships with volunteers and other church leaders with the purpose of inviting them to walk alongside children and families in their growth in Christ’s love.
This is a salaried position based on 30 hours a week. The hours include weekly staff meetings and Sunday morning responsibilities. The Director reports to the Senior Pastor.
Responsibilities. The primary job responsibilities include:
- Praying regularly for the children and families of Grace Pasadena;
- Developing, coordinating and implementing a quality ministry that includes:
- a robust Sunday worship experience for families;
- developing quarterly events such as Fall Kickoff, Advent/Christmas, Lent/Easter, and summer Vacation Bible School with resources for in-person, online, and home delivery
- recruiting, training and supervising teachers, assistants and other volunteers;
- providing resources for families to engage in spiritual practices together;
- working with the Pastor of Discipleship & Formation to develop curriculum, programs and resources;
- partnering collaboratively with other ministries for family worship resources, special holiday services, etc...
- Coordinating care of families with pastors and other staff members.
Qualifications. Grace Pasadena seeks a person who:
- exhibits a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ;
- has a strong desire to nurture children in their love of Jesus Christ;
- is familiar with Reformed theology and able to incorporate it into the ministry;
- has prior experience leading a family and children’s ministry;
- is able to generate and implement new ideas;
- Is able to motivate, coordinate and equip a large number of servant leaders;
- is proficient in communication, teaching and administrative duties;
- has a bachelor’s degree.
Application Process: Submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to fill the position by June 1, 2021.
All staff are working remotely until further notice. When working in the office, staff are required to wear face masks/shields and physically distance themselves 6 feet apart from others. We have a sink in our office kitchen where staff can wash hands frequently. Hand sanitizer is also provided.