Associate Pastor of Youth, Family, and Educational Ministries at Grace Lutheran Church
About the job
Grace Lutheran Church in Ridgecrest, CA is seeking a passionate and creative leader who is looking to serve on a team ministry as full-time associate pastor of youth, family, and educational ministries.
· Primary responsibility is youth, family, and educational ministries.
· Responsible for leading weekly youth group for middle school, senior high, and young adults.
· Create and develop a children’s ministry.
· Be the primary communications/intermediary between Grace and the community schools.
· Work with senior pastor and other staff members to encourage and develop intergenerational relationships within the congregation and youth participation in areas of worship leadership.
· Train volunteers to help lead youth program.
· Coordinate trips (ex. LCMC national youth gathering) and work with the missions team and senior pastor to plan mission trips, service days, and retreats.
· Participate in normal pastoral functions such as preaching, leading worship, worship planning, and visitations.
· Hold and post regular office hours.
· Provide written report monthly to the council and an annual report to the congregation.
· Associate Pastor will pursue ongoing education and professional development through such opportunities as youth ministry and Christian education development and training seminars, on-line courses, LCMC activities, professional reading, etc.
· Candidates will preferably be an ordained pastor in the Lutheran church and be a pastor in good standing with Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC). Applicants from another Lutheran church body must be willing to become rostered with LCMC. Interested persons who are not ordained should at least be enrolled in an online M.Div. program at an LCMC recognized seminary and have successfully completed an initial interview to be a candidate for ordination.
· Competent in the Bible and Lutheran confessional writings.
· Self-starter with good communication and organizational skills.
· Minimum of three years of experience in youth ministry and/or education.
· Must be able to successfully pass a background check and Live Scan.
Evaluation & Changes in Responsibilities
· An annual performance evaluation based on Associate Pastor’s job responsibilities as well as goals and objectives will be conducted by the Senior Pastor and reported to the Council.
· Changes and modifications of the Associate Pastor’s Job Responsibilities shall occur based on staffing, pastoral request(s), the annual evaluation, needs and changes in the composition of the congregation. Changes will be noted in the Associate Pastor’s Job Responsibilities document.