Youth and Family Minister at Grace Lutheran Church
Corvallis, OR 97330
About the job
Youth and Family Minister Position Description
Grace Lutheran Church, Corvallis, OR
Supervised by Interim Pastor
The Minister will provide faith formation opportunities for youth and their families within an emotionally safe and stimulating environment through spiritual, social, and service activities.
· Provide “growth in faith” conversation opportunities a couple times a month.
· Facilitate youth participation opportunities in worship.
· Cultivate relationships within the youth groups, families, and in the greater community.
· Coordinate Grace in Action opportunities to live out our Christian faith.
· Mentor youth to discover their gifts, talents, and skills for leadership development.
· Participate as a member of the Youth and Family Ministry team.
· Provide a report to council once a month.
· Ability to relate well with high school and middle school youth and their parents.
· Member of an ELCA congregation or Full Communion Partner. Ability to articulate the Christian faith in a way that is faithful and accessible.
· Ability to organize, work positively with volunteers, delegate responsibility, and to communicate well.
· Willingness to work collaboratively with the congregation and the community.
· Flexible work hours which may include evening, weekend, and off-site work.
· Experience working with youth.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, or working towards, religious institutions, camp ministry, individual/family services, child development, education, community planning, social science, non-profit organizational management OR equivalent of paid or volunteer service in youth ministry or youth programs.
We are in a 12 -18 month transition process to call a new lead pastor. This is a part time interim position with the potential to expand to full time permanency (that would include K-5 children and families), with benefits, after a lead pastor has been called. The candidate will be required to pass a standard background check. Three month probationary period.
Grace Lutheran’s Mission:
To follow Christ into our community and world manifesting with caring hearts and helping hands the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Grace Lutheran Vision:
To be a Christ-centered community who welcomes all, grows in faith, and reaches out in love.
About Grace Lutheran:
Grace Lutheran Church grew from a vision of students active in Lutheran Campus Ministry at Oregon State University in 1942. In March of 2017 we celebrated the 75th Anniversary of the congregation. We are a strong and financially stable congregation, who boasts warmth, a love for Christ Jesus, and a strong desire to see our church community grow. We are also a Reconciling in Christ congregation, welcoming all people, including the LGBTQX community. A team of people have been reading “Growing Young” from Fuller Youth Institute, and are currently part of a webinar cohort.