Worship Pastor at Grace Life Church
Elkridge, MD 21075
About the job
Our Vision and Call
GLC exist is to see people fully understand, experience and live a life of grace by coming to Know Him, Love Him, Grow in Him, and Serve Him.
A transformed life by God through the power of the Holy Spirit transforms the community around them. A life born of faith is called into action with God, locally and globally.
Our Strategy – Acts 1:8 Through Planting of Churches
We are not just a family church nor a young adult church. We are a church family that is bonded together by our love and mission for God. We want people to feel like family with one another. As families grow by the Holy Spirit, we believe the most effective form of multiplying transformed communities is through effective church planting.
Purpose of the Position:
To lead the congregation in vibrant, heartfelt, and Christ- centered worship of God through contemporary, joyful, and beautiful music that is accessible to all, edifying to believers, and supports the preaching of the Word. To develop, inspire and nurture the spiritual and artistic growth of the church’s musicians, AV technicians, & lead worshippers.
Worship Team Leadership:
- Develop, shepherd and manage all aspects of corporate worship at GLC, in concert with the Senior Pastor and church leadership.
o Work with preaching pastor and worship leader to sculpt weekly worship
o Work with 3-4 current worship leaders
- Schedule, prepare for, and lead worship team rehearsals, including any support/technical staff
- Shepherd and disciple worship/AV team members, providing opportunities for spiritual growth, personal care and teambuilding
- Seek out and develop members of the congregation so that an increasing number of members are involved in the worship ministry
- Attend staff meetings every other week
Our ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong leadership ability to work with a variety of people
- Strong affinity with the people, theology of ministry, and vision of Grace Life Church
- Demonstrated ability and desire for relational, pastoral worship ministry
- Demonstrated knowledge of the unique needs of worship ministry
- Demonstrated ability to build ministry structures in which volunteers can flourish
Both men and women are encouraged to apply