Childrens Director / Educations Pastor at Grace Life Church
Elkridge, MD 21075
About the job
Our Vision and Call
GLC exist is to see people fully understand, experience and live a life of grace by coming to Know Him, Love Him, Grow in Him, and Serve Him.
A transformed life by God through the power of the Holy Spirit transforms the community around them. A life born of faith is called into action with God, locally and globally.
Our Strategy – Acts 1:8 Through Planting of Churches
We are not just a family church nor a young adult church. We are a church family that is bonded together by our love and mission for God. We want people to feel like family with one another. As families grow by the Holy Spirit, we believe the most effective form of multiplying transformed communities is through effective church planting.
PURPOSE/MISSION OF THE POSITION: The Youth/Educational Pastor or Childrens Director will be part of a youth ministry team with a focus on fellowship, welcoming, and worship aspects of the youth group. The candidate will especially direct his/her time to caring for adult volunteer teachers/small group leaders, as well as fostering a community and fellowship among both the adult/student volunteers.
We are looking for a Youth/Educational Pastor or Children's Director for our growing kids (~14 kids ranging from 0-7 ages). Depending on other roles/responsibilities, this could be an Associate Pastor.
• Developing and implementing a system of shepherding (recruiting, training, assessing, and supporting) new and current volunteer staff to serve joyfully for the long term in the youth ministry
• Engaging and improving social media presence (Facebook, Instagram, and website)
• Getting to know youth and families (home visits, sporting events, graduations, etc.)
• Planning and preparing for the summer and winter retreats
• Overseeing and executing fellowship and outreach events
• Attending weekly staff meetings
• Other duties as needed