Worship Leader at Grace Community Church
About the job
Grace Community Church
Worship Leader Job Description
Grace Community Church is a congregation in the fast growing community of Falcon, Colorado. Our goal as a church is to build ministries that meet the needs of the community around us and to continually point people to the truth of the Gospel. We are situated in a high growth area, which builds excitement within our congregation about the potential outreach opportunities as we continue to see that growth..
We are a multi-generational church with two identical Sunday worship services at 9:00am and 11:00am. Our music ministry incorporates praise music, contemporary hymns, and classic hymns with updated arrangements.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part-time Worship Leader
The primary responsibilities of the part-time worship leader will be to lead, and grow the music ministry at Grace Community Church. The worship leader is directly accountable to the Pastor. The candidate will possess an adaptable skill set and leadership capabilities, which will enable a worship ministry to grow with us as we experience growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple those in his/her sphere of influence. This includes agreement with the Essentials of Our Faith as prescribed by our denomination, the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. More information regarding our denomination can be found at www.epc.org.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Grace Community Church in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of our church.
3. Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead two well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship services. This includes leading the Sunday Worship services and recruiting and developing a worship team, and scheduling vocalists as well as sound and visual media volunteers. Responsibilities include preparation for and leading weekly mid-week rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Senior Pastor to coordinate the music for the Sunday services.
4. Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability is required. Capability of leading and with a guitar and/or piano/keyboard is desirable.
5. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
6. Attend a weekly staff meeting with the Senior Pastor, and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
7. Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services.
8. When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
9. Must be willing and qualified to join the membership of Grace Community Church upon hiring in full agreement of our statement of faith.
10. It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take no less than 15 and no more than 20 hours per week.