Children’s Ministry Intern at Grace Church, Long Beach
3601 Linden Ave., Long Beach CA 90807
About the job
We hope to hire a part-time intern who loves Jesus and children to:
1. Work alongside the director (4-6 hrs/week) learning the ins and outs of Children's Ministry, specifically the program at Grace, Long Beach. You will spend time planning for Sunday lessons, prepping classrooms, researching games, songs, and activities for various aged children (2's-5th grade).
2. You will have time to learn/work with our safety check-in system, greet families on Sunday(s) mornings, and input their data into our computer system.
3. There will be opportunities to observe/lead classes with mentor teachers and/or learn the role of a Sunday morning CM Director by shadowing our experienced staff.
4. This is a hands-on learning experience that will provide insight into the day-to-day workings of a typical Children's Ministry while blessing Grace, Long Beach with extra support.
5. COVID-19 protocols for workplace safety include mask-wearing, air filters and social distancing. We have a very large campus and share space with Intellectual Virtues Academy, Middle School, and another church called the Garden.
6. If interested contact Shannon Morgensen at email@example.com. We look forward to meeting with you.