About the job
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- A Master of Divinity from a conservative seminary is preferred.
- Another ministry related Master's degree with a strong emphasis on church leadership and theology is also acceptable.
- A Bachelor's degree in a theology/ministry related field combined with strong pastoral experience may be substituted for a Master's degree.
- Previous experience in a pastoral role is highly desired. In the absence of full-time pastoral experience, appropriate part-time or volunteer experience may be considered.
- Evidence of a heart for ministry in a rural or very small town church setting is required.
- Agree with, and be able to regularly communicate Grace Church Mission and Values.
- Along with the other Elders, provide spiritual oversight of the church.
- Preach and teach at weekend services at least 45 weeks a year.
- Preaching and teaching must be Biblically based and focused on the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- Preach, teach, counsel and interact with others with a view towards building up the body by equipping the saints for the work of ministry.
- Provide visionary pastoral leadership that expresses the mission of the church through:
- Casting/evaluating/updating vision
- Regular communication of the vision in preaching, teaching and other opportunities.
- Shaping and influencing the ethos of the church
- Knowing the current state of affairs of the church and community
- Understanding current cultural influences and geographic context surrounding the church and community and the opportunities and challenges arising from that context.
- Continuously evaluate worship services, activities, mid-week programming, special events and ministries of the church for effectiveness in shaping ethos, congregational participation and effectiveness in reaching ministry goals.
- Lead the church in developing annual planning in the areas of discipleship of current believers of all ages and evangelism of those in our area who do not yet know Christ.
- Function as Chief Operating Officer of the church ensuring the church adheres to legal guidelines and standards and operates effectively and efficiently.
- Supervise all other pastors, other staff an volunteer ministry leaders.
- Demonstrated Servant Leadership,
- Must be Relational,
- Have Administrative skill sets,
- Should be a fruitful, Biblical Teacher and champion of Grace Church mission and vision. His teaching should effectively "equip the saints for the work of the ministry."
- Communication must be clear, concise and in a loving, Biblical manner.
- Needs to be a Peacemaker who can tactfully and winsomely unite people with varying perspectives to advance harmony and love and to achieve common goals.
- Must be an effective Preacher who is able to rightly handle the word of God.