About the job
Associate Pastor of Family Ministries
Gateway Church gatewaypc.org
Summary of Position
The Pastor of Family Ministries will help facilitate Gateway’s mission of investing ourselves in younger generations to grow resilient followers of Jesus and thriving families. This individual will serve Gateway’s ministries to families, children, and youth by providing vision, oversight, energy, and direction.
The Pastor of Family Ministries is part of Gateway’s staff and accountable to the Senior Pastor and Session.
· A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Persistence in seeking a heart for God and teachable spirit
o Maintaining a lifestyle that is consistent with Scripture and the essential tenets of ECO
o Integrity: A good reputation with those inside and outside of the church
· Dedication to prayer, with a willingness to develop a deepening prayer discipline (e.g. daily office, prayer of examen, lectio divina)
· A definite sense of call to family ministry
· A healthy balance of work and rest in life
· Strong relational skills, working well with children, youth, and adults
· An ability to work closely with other ministry staff and leaders
· As a dependable self-starter, an ability to take initiative and use creativity in ministry to the church and outreach to the community
· Agreement with and willingness to align with Gateway’s Mission, Values, Process, and Measures
· An ability to plan and develop strategies to manage a thriving family ministry
o Bringing people together
o Creating a collaborative atmosphere
o Facilitating and inspiring volunteers
· An ability to oversee budgeting and forecasting
The primary focus will be Family and Young Adult ministries which, at this time, is largely undeveloped. The Pastor of Family Ministries will also provide support and oversight for the Children’s and Youth Ministries, which are currently facilitated by committed teams of volunteers.
1. Family and Young Adult (Undeveloped)
· Empower and lead a team of volunteers to facilitate and guide the vision of family ministry
· Disciple and mentor families
2. Children’s Ministry (Established)
· Provide support, encouragement, and Biblical guidance for an existing team of volunteers who lead the Children's Ministry
o Their primary efforts are currently Sunday School, VBS, and helping plan and develop outreach efforts and events
· Monthly meetings with Children’s Ministry Team and elders
3. Youth Ministry (Established)
· Provide support, encouragement, and Biblical guidance for an existing team of volunteers who lead the Youth Ministry
o Their primary efforts are currently weekly Youth Group meetings, supporting youth in their endeavors (e.g. sports, band), and seeking to improve collaborative efforts with other ministries
4. Other Pastoral Duties
· Monthly meetings with ministry teams
· Monthly Session meeting
· Weekly staff meeting
· Preaching opportunities
· Other duties as assigned by the Pastor
1. 3-5 years of children, youth, and or family ministry experience preferred
2. Master of Divinity or Master of Theology preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required
3. Ordained (or on track to be ordained) as a minister preferred
4. Gateway is open to considering non-ordained candidates who will pursue ECO’s ordination process
Compensation for Full-time Exempt Position
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in applying for the Pastor of Family Ministries position, please send your ministry portfolio to [email protected] with Subject, “Personnel: Pastor of Family Ministries”
1. Cover Letter and Resume
2. Personal Statement of Faith
3. Three Reference Contacts
Please include the following information: Relationship to You, First and Last Name, Email Address, Cell Phone Number
· Pastor Reference
· Friend Reference
· Employer Reference
4. Background/Ministry Questions: Please give us a quick snapshot of who you are, including answers to the following questions in 80 words or less (each):
A. How would you best summarize your relationship with God?
B. What evidence of the Holy Spirit’s work through your personal ministry have you witnessed in the lives of others?
C. How would you describe a successful family pastor?
D. What do you see as the role of the parent, the minister, and the church body in the lives of children, youth, and families?