About the job
The Children’s Pastor/Minister at Gateway Baptist will be responsible for shepherding the children from preschool to sixth grade but should also have the calling by God to shepherd any age group in need. The Children’s Pastor/Minister responsibility includes overseeing, directing, educating, counseling, and fellowshipping within each unique age group. One of the driving characteristics of the Children’s Pastor at Gateway should be a dynamic personality that matches the makeup of the families within our surrounding community.
General Responsibilities and Duties
· Report and communicate with the senior leadership of the church
· Promote the vision of the church within your ministry.
· Work in conjunction with the entire staff to carry out a seamless common strategy.
· Create, promote, and manage a welcoming atmosphere within the Children’s Ministry.
· Put into action relevant children’s activities that promote participation of families.
· Facilitate Sunday Morning Bible Study and Children’s Church.
· Manage the Wednesday Night AWANA activities.
· Communicate to the parents of the children on a consistent basis using a variety of media.
· Maintain Children’s Ministry budget and reports.
· Work in conjunction with the Student Ministry to bridge incoming students.
· Maintain an active base of adults that are part of a volunteer rotation.
· Other duties that the Senior Pastor may call upon to perform.
Skills that are beneficial
· Theological school or training.
· Singing and musical instrument abilities.
· Technical skill in audio engineering.
· Website design and maintenance.
· Computer skills including Mac and Windows.
· Proficiency in Pro-Presenter software.
· Class B Commercial driver’s license
Current Activities that Children are involved
AWANA, Vacation Bible School, Sunday Morning Bible Classes, Classes, Game Nights, Back to School Nights, Summer Field Trips.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2055